World Juniors Discussion thread

Jpan85

Lots of love for Petan in the hockey world right now. Keep seeing people calling him a legit potential superstar. Very exciting. The next couple of years for the Jets are good to be extremely interesting.

Its too bad he is so small. It will not be an easy road for him. I hope it works out though.

Lots of love for Petan in the hockey world right now. Keep seeing people calling him a legit potential superstar. Very exciting. The next couple of years for the Jets are good to be extremely interesting.

Its too bad he is so small. It will not be an easy road for him. I hope it works out though.

Thing is he understands how to use the ice and bigger players on his lines to his advantage.. same for Ehlers and Morrissey. 

Nobody mentioned Chase DeLeo who had a strong game for the USA. All our prospects are looking good. Not sure how Kostalek looked, d man prospect for the Jets on the Czech squad but all Jets prospects so far from what i have seen look great. Petan might be small but he doesn't play like he is. 

Petan is going to be a star, has play maker written all over him, another 2 assists tonight, regardless of size.. morrissey with another point tonight and comrie with the shut-out.

3 has six points in two games. Max Domi has also really impressed me.

Petan leads an impressive list of soon to be Jets playing in this year's Worlds:

G Eric Comrie – Canada – 2013 second round pick (59th overall)

D Josh Morrissey – Canada – 2013 first round pick (13th overall)

D Jan Kostalek – Czech Republic – 2013 fourth round pick (114th overall)

F Nic Petan – Canada – 2013 second round pick (43rd overall)

F Nikolaj Ehlers – Denmark – 2014 first round pick (9th overall)

F Chase de Leo – USA – 2014 fourth round pick (99th overall)