CFL Refs Suck

Zontar

When I was kid watching games at IWS whenever a bad call happened a huge sign would emerge high atop the north stands (those who have been here can visualize) "CFL Refs Suck".

A serious set - up. Two big poles, the sign must have been made of canvas (probably from an old school tent). Fans would applaud.

Overly 3 decades later , funny, how little has changed. It's an old accusation from fans "refs ruined the game" but this came pretty damn close.

What a horribly called game.

When I was kid watching games at IWS whenever a bad call happened a huge sign would emerge high atop the north stands (those who have been here can visualize) "CFL Refs Suck".

A serious set - up. Two big poles, the sign must have been made of canvas (probably from an old school tent). Fans would applaud.

Overly 3 decades later , funny, how little has changed. It's an old accusation from fans "refs ruined the game" but this came pretty damn close.

What a horribly called game.

Not going there...

There were at least 2 PI calls on our secondary that were legit. The one on Suber & the one on Dunn. Both were grabbing jerseys. the secondary was doing that all night.  They. Can't. Cover. Worst secondary in the CFL. We have to rush 4 & play zone because these guys keep getting beat. We can't rush 7 & play man coverage as we are incapable.

I thought the pass interference calls were way off the mark tonight. I wouldn't of called flags on either the Potribrand one or the Simpson, but I definitely would've on the Edwards interception and in the endzone on the drive we kicked the field goal(don't remember who the ball was thrown to, maybe Denmark).

What exactly did the player do to get flagged for illegal participation?

At the game, it looked like the Hamilton receiver tripped on the first PI in the endzone and there was one PI where the ball was nowhere near catchable.

he subbed himself on after the ref had raised his arm (signalling no more changes).

Being at the game and focusing just on the secondary players, you could see them grabbing and holding on to receivers on almost every play, it was comical after awhile. Most of the penalties occurred well before the pass arrived which made things look worse than they were. Sometimes officials call this, sometimes they don't, consistency would be nice but by rue, they were definitely penalties.