CGY Coaching

In the first half, Calgary ran all over the Bombers with the Cornish direct snap play at least three times.

After the half, Calgary out-coached Winnipeg by running a direct snap to Cornish then reverse...

Our team appeared to be prepared for the direct snap, but we got burned on the reverse.

Then, of course, they ran a direct snap to Cornish, no reverse, later in the game for a big gain.

Also - I thought we were lucky on the missed trick punt play that Calgary ran. We were flat-footed, and again failed to recognize the wildcat direct snap.

I can't think of a time when the wildcat has worked so well for one team. Is this another well-known hole in Etch's system - or was Calgary just the first to expose it?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Stamps just execute very well, try to stop the run and they burn you with the deep ball, don't and they run it down your throat.

It's called talent & it starts for them on the OL. They control the LOS & win game after game because of it.

Calgary too has had their share of injuries and managed to have adequate replacements.

Give us a break with you one line stupid statements! Calgary has been building a winner a lot longer than we have!

Agreed. You just don't build a team like the Stamps overnight. It comes down to having a great HC in Huff, extremely good coordinators & position coaches, drafting well & signing International & national free agents which is what the Stamps have done under Huff & even before that under Jim Barker. This Stampeders team is a decade in the making. And it continues.

Well I will credit Calgary with their draft success...the notion of their veteran line up includes a host of FAs not signed by Winnipeg since way back in 2012.

West

Bennett

Price

Wall

Mayo

Love

Jackson

Bishop

Shell

Sanders

Bell

Cunningham

Evans

Beltre

There are 14 since 2012 Imports from the 46 man last night....

Well I will credit Calgary with their draft success...the notion of their veteran line up includes a host of FAs not signed by Winnipeg since way back in 2012.

West

Bennett

Price

Wall

Mayo

Love

Jackson

Bishop

Shell

Sanders

Bell

Cunningham

Evans

Beltre

There are 14 since 2012 Imports from the 46 man last night....

That wasn't what you said...you talked about injuries not free agents...so which of their starter free agents signings were injured last night and how did that affect them? You just don't get it and just make stupid one line statements constantly! We finally have what looks like a solid front office staff and a QB or two or three and are building. Calgary has been solid for years and continues to build.

My last post was a response to Calgary's ability to plug and play players since 2012 that were players on the street. I credit John Murphy for his personnel and scouting work.

Well good for you...the whole point is that Calgary has been solid for longer than 2012 and we haven't...so what is your point again?

My last post was a response to Calgary's ability to plug and play players since 2012 that were players on the street. I credit John Murphy for his personnel and scouting work.

Well good for you...the whole point is that Calgary has been solid for longer than 2012 and we haven't...so what is your point again?

You know who John Murphy used to work for...yes?

Calgary is a good model to emulate, but that has no bearing on what has happened in the our past and mistakes made by other regimes.

We can only be concerned on how we're proceeding going forward.

Looks like we will be more open to trades, free agency and a more responsible attitude towards the CFL draft.

Small steps.

* Speaking of looking good on a Coach, Calgary's John Hufnagel searched out Chris Randle after the game yesterday to say hello etc..pretty classy move.

The Stamps have been plugging & playing since 2005 under Tom Higgins & Jim Barker. Those 2 guys laid the foundation for the success of the Stampeders today. Check Barker's draft record for Calgary since 2006 to 2010 when he left for the Argos. Like I said it's been 10 seasons of doing things right.