Draft Day Trades

Rich

Bob just said it best, McKenzie.. the most unpredictable draft in recent history became predictable. every player selected tonight was in the TOP 40.

No big trades, meh to the neal trade, that's not a trade that i'd call a big deal, i was thinking spezza, buff, even kane to be dealt.

Guess theres always tomorrow. 

With Hutchinson, Hellebuyck and Comrie in the pipeline, I suppose Pasquale became expendable.  Pasquale was also becoming and RFA

Flyers after Bogo (maybe Buff also) Isles after Kane Jets after E. Staal Latest mill.

— Darren Ford (@darrenford77)

June 28, 2014

Wow, do I ever like this...

Philly is already at the cap - how do they afford Bogo and Buff...?  Voracek has to be part of that deal - I would do Voracek and MacDonald straight up - would be great to snag Morin though

Staal would be huge upgrade over Kane while Scheifele and Petan develop

Kane to Isles for... Okposo is the only name that stands out, Griffin Reinhart would be nice as part of a package

I wouldn't say he's always wrong. He usually reports every possible rumour so he's right someone's. I read that site because they have writers from different cities and rumours are always fun

But Darren is the biggest humblebrag there is so I thought it was funny that he tweeted rumours like he had some knowledge when he just read hockey buzz.

I wouldn't say he's always wrong. He usually reports every possible rumour so he's right someone's. I read that site because they have writers from different cities and rumours are always fun

But Darren is the biggest humblebrag there is so I thought it was funny that he tweeted rumours like he had some knowledge when he just read hockey buzz.

He's 98 percent wrong all the time though. i read that site too and the guy is basically just there for craps n giggles. It's like reading tweets from montreal fans who think kane will go there for thomas plekanec, just LOL at those tweets really. Will there possibly be trades by the Jets coming? maybe, but i doubt its anything significant. You know what makes sense for both teams, the eric staal rumour, id trade buff for staal, it helps us and it helps them too. They need D, we need a centre. It actually makes sense. 

Edmonton gets a player in need of a change of scenery for a player that needed a change of scenery, Tampa clears cap space and sheds contracts and Arizona commits highway robbery to get 2 players for a 6th round pick, Tampa even ate some of Gagners contract. 

Spoke to soon lol. Weird move by Tampa. Apparently they made the deal for Gagner before Arizona got into the mix. So if they wanted him why turn around and trade him for morning and retain salary. Weird.

Good deal for coyotes. I'd gladly have given a sixth round pick for Gagner. For that matter of Purcell was available id have wanted him too.

Orpik, Bolland, & Engelland are the worst contracts of the day. Niskanen's contract could also be ugly if he can't play the rest of his career like he did last season. He's only had one really good season. Pouliot's smells a little too.

I thought Pittsburgh had a very good day. Upgraded their bottom six, got a good backup goalie, & a very good dman on a bargain contract. All things they really needed.

Pouliot's smells a little too.

apparently he was even offered more money by some other teams according to rumours. That was a neccessary evil for the Oilers though. They desperately needed actual NHL players for their middle 6 and it costs you to get them in FA.