Ocho Cinco (Chad Johnson) trying out with Lions

Jpan85

When the Miami Dolphins were on Hard Knocks 3 years ago the guy had some issues with a crazy wife he had just married a few weeks before. She had him thrown in jail for assault but I don't think he actually did anything.

He freakin headbutted her. You think this is nothing?!?!

0.jpg

Okaaay Jacquie, I didn't know. Don't get your guts all tied up in a knot. I hadn't heard anything about Johnson's domestic abuse case since the Hard Knocks series a few years ago when he was released. All you needed to say was that he was convicted of deomestic assault & went to jail. From your comment you seem to be assuming that somehow I don't think spousal abuse is serious which is so wrong if you do. So, I don't like that assumption. Next time, choose your words differently, okay.

When the Miami Dolphins were on Hard Knocks 3 years ago the guy had some issues with a crazy wife he had just married a few weeks before. She had him thrown in jail for assault but I don't think he actually did anything.

0.jpg

Okaaay Jacquie, I didn't know. Don't get your guts all tied up in a knot. I hadn't heard anything about Johnson's domestic abuse case since the Hard Knocks series a few years ago when he was released. All you needed to say was that he was convicted of deomestic assault & went to jail. From your comment you seem to be assuming that somehow I don't think spousal abuse is serious which is so wrong if you do. So, I don't like that assumption. Next time, choose your words differently, okay.

Boy, you sure read a lot into one sentence.

0.jpg

Sure Mike, the comments weren't directed at you so why should YOU feel offended? I do get upset when someone says something like that to me. Jacquie doesn't know me. She has no idea about my beliefs or core values. So yeah, damned right I resent it. I think Johnson is a coward for doing what he did. I do think what he did was serious. Very serious. I honestly didn't know he did that. 

Sure Mike, the comments weren't directed at you so why should YOU feel offended? I do get upset when someone says something like that to me. Jacquie doesn't know me. She has no idea about my beliefs or core values. So yeah, damned right I resent it. I think Johnson is a coward for doing what he did. I do think what he did was serious. Very serious. I honestly didn't know he did that. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't be offended IF that's what she said. I'm saying you need to stop reading so much into harmless comments. The way I read it, it was basically her saying "this is what he did in case you didn't know" and the way you read it led you on some unnecessary tirade about beliefs or core values.

Sometimes you just need to remember this is the internet.

Iso, my post was actually directed at your making comments based on obviously incorrect recollections where you basically blamed the victim (calling her crazy, saying you didn't think he did anything) rather than taking a minute to refresh your memory with the actual facts of the case. If you had checked first I have no doubts your comments would have been much different.

Jacquie, I can assure you that I believe both individuals are probably crazy. Johnson is waaay out there. He's had as feeling of entitlement I bet right  back to high school that he can do anything he wants, anytime he wants. I feel sorry for his now ex wife. She didn't deserve to get beat up like that. No matter what occurred between them. A man who hits a woman is a coward first, needs to spend time behind bars second & needs help third so he never does it again. 

In Calgary, Joffrey Reynolds assaulted his former girlfriend in her apartment. The guy may have been a great running back but what he did should prevent him from ever going on the Stampeders Wall of Fame at McMahon Stadium forever. He did serve some jail time but not enough as far as I am concerned. He also violated his parole a number of times including missing court dates & contacting his former girlfriend which he wasn't allowed to do which got him thrown back in jail a second time. Reynold's now been deported back to Houston, TX. I doubt we'll ever see that guy back in Calgary again. Not many fans, players or media here stand by him anymore. He's basically thought of in Calgary as scum.

I think we can move on now Jacquie. As I misunderstood your post, I apologize.