Luongo traded to Florida for two nobodies

This is a bad trade but Matthias and Markstrom aren't "nobodies". Considering the contract, it was as good a deal they could possibly get. The real mistake was trading Schneider but hindsight is 20-20.

This is exactly why it's a terrible trade. If they'd done this trade last year no big deal, the fact that they did it after trading Schneider last year (and trading him for a smaller offer even, Edmonton is rumoured to have offered their first round pick which was 2 picks higher than what they got and a prospect like Marincin who is playing quite well this season) Just horrible management and I can't wait to see how he manages to **** up the Kesler situation too. 

How Gillis is still the GM in Vancouver is beyond me, the Canucks had Luongo and Schneider, both proven NHL starters and are now saddled with Lack and Markstrom.

Confusing no ?

This is a bad trade but Matthias and Markstrom aren't "nobodies". Considering the contract, it was as good a deal they could possibly get. The real mistake was trading Schneider but hindsight is 20-20.

Right, my mistake, they are household names....

Markstrom is a pretty well known name. A couple of years ago he was being touted as the next big thing in net. Dominated in Europe before he came over here and became mediocre.

Tim Thomas was traded,    I was watching trade center all day and it was someone hilarious that Gillis was on the golf course while the rest of the GM's were at arenas or other war rooms.    I did enjoy him getting snappy at Farhad Laji (sp?) when he questioned him about Kesler.