Heritage Classic Vancouver - What's The Point?

iso_55

Roof closed because of precipitation? I thought the whole point of these games being played is to play in the elements. Look at the snow in Chicago last night & Michigan on NYD? The cold in New York, Edmonton & Calgary. And in Vancouver where bitterly cold is defined as minus 1, they closed the roof at BC Place.

The point is the game was just moved to a larger indoor venue. The outdoor elements are what make the game special & that was taken away. If they can't deal with "accumulated precipitation" then it seems a waste of time. Maybe they should have opened the roof sooner before the snow came. The people running BC Place knew the forecast.

The scarcity of the game is what made it special.  With the number of those games they had this year, I don't think many people outside of Vancouver really cared.  I know I had it on for a bit in the background, but it has become too saturated to really care that much.

And if it was mostly for the people of Vancouver, might as well keep the roof closed and keep the people dry.

I live 10 or so blocks from BC place.  For the record, it was snowing big fat flakes this morning when I got up.  By 9 AM it had turned to rain and all the snow was gone off the streets.  If they'd have opened up the roof, they'd play in the rain, which isn't what anyone wants.  I couldn't understand why they chose Vancouver to play the game anyway.  If you want an outdoor experience, play it in a place that gets snow more than twice a year.  

I don't think many people outside of Vancouver really cared.  

because no one cares about Vancouver or Ottawa. Seriously two of the shittiest all time franchises ever. At least Edmonton had their glory years and Calgary even had one cup in their history. Neither team in this one has ever won **** and no one cares about them at all. 

because no one cares about Vancouver or Ottawa. Seriously two of the shittiest all time franchises ever. At least Edmonton had their glory years and Calgary even had one cup in their history. Neither team in this one has ever won **** and no one cares about them at all.

They care about the Canucks here in BC when they are winning. Suddenly everyone is on the bandwagon, which is really sad to see. Canucks fans are the biggest band-wagon jumpers in Canada, and the biggest ******-bags. I witnessed a verbal sparring match between some Canucks and Oiler fans last year at a game, the Canucks fans were ribbing the Oiler fans and telling them how bad they sucked, and the Oiler fans just responded with "how many Cups you guys got? Oh yeah you're the 42 year old virgins".

They care about the Canucks here in BC when they are winning. Suddenly everyone is on the bandwagon, which is really sad to see. Canucks fans are the biggest band-wagon jumpers in Canada, and the biggest ******-bags. I witnessed a verbal sparring match between some Canucks and Oiler fans last year at a game, the Canucks fans were ribbing the Oiler fans and telling them how bad they sucked, and the Oiler fans just responded with "how many Cups you guys got? Oh yeah you're the 42 year old virgins".

The only claim to fame the Canucks have is almost winning a cup... but both Calgary and Edmonton pulled that off in the last decade as well. Gillis is on his way to ******* up that team so it won't be long until they're re-acquainted with the bottom of the standings. So annoying when they try and trash talk anyone. 

I don't understand why people get all up in arms about these stadium games, I really don't. It's a fun deviation from the monotony of the regular season and I can't wait until we get one.

because they lose their appeal when they become over done... and let's be honest the only reason the NHL is going over board with them is because they realized they can get twice as many or more paying customers through the gates so more money = more stadium games. 

I don't understand why people get all up in arms about these stadium games, I really don't. It's a fun deviation from the monotony of the regular season and I can't wait until we get one.

Well, if the regular season is monotonous, that's kinda the problem right there.

Well, if the regular season is monotonous, that's kinda the problem right there.

Right. And having the outdoor games helps to alleviate that. Now you get it.

The league and players are planning to hold 4 outdoor games next year, so these things aren't going to be done anytime soon.

I also wonder how many of you are going to get tickets for when the Heritage Classic comes to Winnipeg.

The league and players are planning to hold 4 outdoor games next year, so these things aren't going to be done anytime soon.

I also wonder how many of you are going to get tickets for when the Heritage Classic comes to Winnipeg.

I'll go.

I will, no question. It will sell out in minutes.