Will Willy wear Dieter's old number 5?

IC Khari

Be nice if Drew could keep his number 5 (take it from Simpson if he's even here). Kind of cool to think that 40 years ago in 1974 another QB wearing number 5 made his way to the Bombers and had a pretty good career ... 

Brock.Dieter-Wpg9_small.JPG

Let's hope getting our new "number 5" is the start of very good things with the QB position on this team!

I remember watching Dieter & Clements. Two completely different qbs but they sure got the job done. When they got on a roll late in a game it was such a treat to watch them go to work. Brock the strong armed qb who loved to throw from the pocket & could zip the ball into a small space with deadly accuracy & Clements the tactician & scrambler.  A guy who could make chicken soup out of chicken feathers. I don't know what Bomber fans would do now if we had a qb who could put the team on his shoulders & carry it like those 2 could. Or get us a win in the clutch when he had to. We'd be speechless after years of watching failure after failure after failure at the qb position. Let's hope Drew Willy is finally the dawn of a new era. We deserve it. 

Ralph is Dieter Brock. Dieter was the name he preferred to use a few years after he got here when he became a starter. I think it's actually his middle name. 

So to clarify, Dieter was Ralph Brock, and then we had Brock Ralph play receiver (albeit wide open sitting on the sidelines receiver) in 2009.