Would DW be more exciting if not for ZC?

Mike

Drew Willy was always in the mix for us since he was a pending FA, and, personally, I'd rather have a young guy with some promise, maybe, than Burris or Glenn, even if it means another year of pain.

I like ZC because he is more mobile and lets go of the ball quicker than Willy. Its not surprising McManus likes DW - they are pocket passers, both.

I thought we had a chance at Collaros but I don't see not getting him as a failure, it seems for whatever reason, he didn't consider Wpg an option.

Looking around the league, I expect Troy Smith will tear it up this year, along with BLM if he can stay healthy in Calgary. Honestly Collaros could catch fire or bust in Ham, who knows? Lulay and Reilly, meh.

I haven't heard much about Levi Brown who was on our practice roster and who I assume will be invited to Bomber TC to compete.

Turns out Brown and Willy are good pals, since both were on the Sask roster for 2012 and part of 2013 before Brown was released:

So they will be glad to be together again in Winnipeg.

Here's what I wonder: if he shows so much promise - why didn't SK try harder to keep Drew Willy? And what about Levi Brown? He played for Cortez in Buffalo and Regina but also was deemed expendable.

What do we know that SK doesn't?

SK is very high on their 3rd string QB, making Willy expendable. Willy also told SK he'd be testing free agency because he wants an opportunity to start. That wasn't going to happen in SK with Durant entrenched as the starter.

Exactly right.  They would have been glad to have him come back if he didn't sign here

I think the novelty of having god knows how many "promising young qb's" come through here has killed any excitement I have for either of them coming here. 

^^^^^

What he said. How many QB's have come through as "the One"?

I will wait and see what happenes when the season starts. All for Willy playing well and being our starter, but I'm not getting hyped about it just yet.

Collaros has that "it" factor and let's be honest most wanted Zach here. What we've ended up with here is Miss Congeniality, instead of Miss Universe.

Nothing wrong with that, Ray and Calvillo aren't/weren't flashy and they ended up being solid players.

The eyeball test.

Although they both have limited samples to draw from (Willy moreso than Collaros), Collaros just appears to be the QB with greater talent and greater upside based on in-game action.  I still think Willy has the ability to be a decent QB with the proper coaching and decent O-line protection, just not as good as the likes of Collaros or Reilly.

Willy becoming a pocket passer with our terrible O-Line scares me,  How did that work out for Buck last year?

I think the novelty of having god knows how many "promising young qb's" come through here has killed any excitement I have for either of them coming here. 

^^^^^

What he said. How many QB's have come through as "the One"?

I will wait and see what happenes when the season starts. All for Willy playing well and being our starter, but I'm not getting hyped about it just yet.

Robyn is a she.  Just saying.  :)

Collaros has that "it" factor 

playing in Toronto and getting the most hype because of it?

Maybe, at the same time though you've got to admit out of all the young QB's that started last season Collaros was one of the most exciting to watch. IMO Marsh, Smith and Mitchell were the others and I suppose that's where the Toronto hype factor works in.

Collaros has that "it" factor 

playing in Toronto and getting the most hype because of it?

Maybe, at the same time though you've got to admit out of all the young QB's that started last season Collaros was one of the most exciting to watch. IMO Marsh, Smith and Mitchell were the others and I suppose that's where the Toronto hype factor works in.

Well difference between Collaros and Willy is that Willy didn't get nearly the opportunities to play. Honestly the most impressive of the young qbs to me was Smith

well I just assume that hype and tsn hype are one and the same. Yeah he played good, but it's also an offense that Ricky Ray played amazing in so what would he do in a different situation? I dunno. Always a risk involved with backup qbs going to a new situation. Collaros showed well but... seen guys in that situation falter before. 

well I just assume that hype and tsn hype are one and the same. 

Meant fans, non-TSN media are a source of hype aswell. In the case of ZC its more legit. Picking up an offense where Ray left off in real games, real pressure situations and delivering wins as opposed to a backup who looks good in camp and practice and doesnt screw up in garbage time, mopping up etc.