Kris Robertson expects to be in Bomber training camp

gbill2004

I asked him this morning on Twitter how his ACL recovery is coming and whether he will be in Bombers training camp. He said, "it's coming along great. And yes sir".

Robertson could be a great addition, and him and Bucknor could compete for the starting safety spot, allowing us to cut Cauchy (who I believe makes over $100,000 per season). Robertson could also be an option as a return man if he can return to his pre-injury form...he's a speedster.

The risk cutting Cauchy is that his brother may follow him to another team if the NFL doesn't work. Maybe DB would be a better option for him and he doesn't have to worry about covering so much space. I did like when the Bombers would send him on a safety blitz.

Can't worry about cutting a player who is not cutting it  ;) just because his brother might not come back.

I wouldn't cut Cauchy.

Our Canadian depth is thin to the point where we need to supply the guys we have with opportunities to bounce back. We're not exactly in a position to be picky.

People are going to say "well, he's making too much money!" but really, we can afford to have a couple guys like that. Everyone can.

I still think the plan for guys like Bucknor or Robertson ideally is to phase them in as the nickel back.

It doesn't give you a starter, but it frees up a DI spot for a guy on offense. Especially since we're probably going to have to use a DI on a LB spot this year.

I remember how excited this kid was to go to training camp, hopefully he'll be completely healed and ready for TC. I'm actually pretty excited to see what this kid can do on the field, lots of energy and speed to burn could be useful around these parts.

I too am excited to see Robertson... Regarding Cauchy, I'm with Mike on this one... Don't cut him... give him a chance to bounce back and improve.

Regarding the safety position, I'd like to see us use Banks there as the starter. That way, we have an injury, Banks steps up to fill in, Cauchy steps in to play Safety. Don't have to use a DI spot and don't have to use guys like Robertson or Bucknor in the Secondary

yeah you can't hold poor performances last year against any player, they all took turns looking poor with such horrendous leadership from the coaching. No plan, no ability to teach players how to be better, just an all around clusterfuck. Really feel bad for the players who got ruined by that set up.