Director Player Personnel vs Director Scouting?

gbill2004

There won't really be specifically designed roles, they're all just job titles handed out to give guys promotions.

Goveia will stay in Winnipeg during the year and scout during the offseason.

McManus will be in the US full time and will have day to day contact with bird dogs, agents, etc. Sounds like McManus will eventually have authority to sign guys as well, not just recommend them.

Sounds like David Siddall will be our new Hodgkinson as well.

Good report on this in Kirk Penton's blog:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/bomberbeat/football/mcmanus-goveia-walters-and-more/

He ends with:

Finally, I had to ask McManus if he could still play quarterback at the tender age of 48, and his answer proved he has a solid understanding of the CFL’s collective bargaining agreement. “Maybe a play or so,” he said, “but I told Kyle not until after the ninth game of the year so my contract is guaranteed.”

He ends with:

Finally, I had to ask McManus if he could still play quarterback at the tender age of 48, and his answer proved he has a solid understanding of the CFL’s collective bargaining agreement. “Maybe a play or so,” he said, “but I told Kyle not until after the ninth game of the year so my contract is guaranteed.”

To me listening to it, McManus came off more like he knew what he needed to do to get paid for an full year as a player.  I wouldn't say that it means he has a "solid understanding of the CFL’s collective bargaining agreement".  It was a lame question from Penton in the news conference, going for a good quote, instead of asking something that might be important.

He ends with:

To me listening to it, McManus came off more like he knew what he needed to do to get paid for an full year as a player.  I wouldn't say that it means he has a "solid understanding of the CFL’s collective bargaining agreement".  It was a lame question from Penton in the news conference, going for a good quote, instead of asking something that might be important.

It was a joke...

He ends with:

It was a joke...

over-your-head-idiots-demotivational-pos