Milt going to Morris MB to help business owner

If I am ever wronged and feel compelled to go to the media, I would never choose Gordon Sinclair.  I refuse to even read his articles on more.  On stories where I am knowledgeable of the facts, every time he completely twists the story and people's words to make his articles very slanted in whatever indignant way or point he wants to make that day.  This makes me question and dismiss any of his articles where I don't know the facts.

It is a shame if what he is writing is true.  But because Gordon Sinclair is the author of the article, I place absolutely no weight into what he says.

k wait.. so yer all so quick to ignore the racist and homophobic stuff directed at the two different owners as "oh country folk bein' country folk" regardless of your own opinions the fact remains that 2 different people were targeted by bigots..

i dont care if their restuarants served dog vomit and were the dirtiest holes in the world.. there is simply no place in this day and age for **** like this... also, for the record, this isnt a "rumoured that.." scenario.. these attacks happened, period.

Nope, I'm not ignoring that at all. Shwarma Time on Ellice has had to put up with some **** over the years, but they're going strong years later with a very specialized menu. Why? Probably because Winnipeg is more ethnicly diverse and densely populated than a place like Morris. For every white bread Winnipeger who wouldn't set foot in a dark and musky Lebanese owned/operated street meat vendor, there is another Winnipeger who will.

Do you accept that literally the only reason these businesses couldn't stay afloat was because of racism and bigotry? That if it wasn't for all those darn racist homophobes these businesses would have been thriving? If so, then you must be ignoring the existence of successful businesses owned by people of color in this town that haven't had to close their doors due to attacks by racists. I maintain that these businesses probably failed because the market wasn't right for them, plain and simple. There is no network of bigots in Morris trying to keep down the black/*** man, only a handful of garden-variety assholes you'll find in every town on the planet and a few businesses that were probably doomed to fail from the start.

a) I think management telling the world they failed due to bigotry is wrong, yes.. straight up bullshit. small town,.narrowed.minded and the desire to not step out of their little world did both in..

B) doesn't change the fact that the events happened.. if I had the power, id name the people who were involved and let vigilante justice take it's course..

but I agree, it's not why either place crashes and burned.. but it definitely didn't help..

I agree regarding Sinclair. About half the time, I'm totally on board with both the situations he's bringing up, and his general opinion of them, but the way he goes about things and throws out the opinion of one person he speaks to as fact is preposterous.

Also, it is weird that "gay" is blocked out. It's ridiculous, in fact.

a) I think management telling the world they failed due to bigotry is wrong, yes.. straight up bullshit. small town,.narrowed.minded and the desire to not step out of their little world did both in..

B) doesn't change the fact that the events happened.. if I had the power, id name the people who were involved and let vigilante justice take it's course..

but I agree, it's not why either place crashes and burned.. but it definitely didn't help..

I hear you. To be clear, I think the actions of the individuals in question are reprehensible. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Off topic but can't stand Sinclair. He was so joyous over stadium issues. I watched him on twitter re-tweeting every negative comment about traffic but do you think he re-tweeted any positive remarks? Not a chance. He's incredibly biased. Any issue he discusses I immediately mistrust.

I sometimes wonder if he and Friesen were twins separated at birth.

G A Y is probably blocked because people use it as an insult.  being G A Y isnt an insult.

Yeah, it means:

having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy,glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful,jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose,grim; sad, depressed, melancholy

I don't like Caribbean  food while visiting the  Caribbean .  So I can see why people in small town Manitoba may not like it.  Maybe that is why they sit down then leave?  After reading the menu....  Could happen.

Never stopped in Morris, never will unless it is an emergency.  Don't know what else to say.  Live and Love,  Peace Out, Love Everyone's Neighbor and more.  I like pie.