Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs

IIRC Cortez received a one time buy out and once Sask signed him the difference was given back to the Cats, or something along those lines.

Lapo seems to want to sit and wait, maybe he's waiting for Ottawa ?

Ottawa, if Edmonton struggles this year Kavis Reed might be on the chopping block, if the riders don't do well maybe they make a change at coach... Could be a few jobs opening next year depending on how the season goes.

If the new position pays less than what he was making as HC then he'd still be paid the difference. If they didn't have buy-out amounts in the contract or an agreement on what would be paid if he got another coaching job, then the money that Saskatchewan is paying him will be deducted from what Hamilton owes him. Back in 2009, Previous examples of this happening are when Edmonton wanted to hire Doug Berry as OC but a deal couldn't be worked out with the Bombers regarding how much should be deducted from what the Bombers owed Berry so the offer fell through. Lapo apparently had a clause in his contract on how much he would be paid by the Bombers if he took a coaching job wiith another team before the term of his contract was over.

Ottawa, if Edmonton struggles this year Kavis Reed might be on the chopping block, if the riders don't do well maybe they make a change at coach... Could be a few jobs opening next year depending on how the season goes.

Anyone else think Kavis Reed is a bit of an odd duck? I see him ratching out on players. He threw Marcus Crandell under the bus when he first relieved him of his OC duties & then fired later him this past off season. Reed was a pretty good player but a so so position coach & DC before he became Edmonton's HC. I don't think he's that great as a HC. He's really into this "Once an Eskimo. Always an Eskimo" thing which I believe is overrrated.

Anyone else think Kavis Reed is a bit of an odd duck? I see him ratching out on players. He threw Marcus Crandell under the bus when he first relieved him of his OC duties & then fired later him this past off season. Reed was a pretty good player but a so so position coach & DC before he became Edmonton's HC. I don't think he's that great as a HC. He's really into this "Once an Eskimo. Always an Eskimo" thing which I believe is overrrated.

Definitely a strange guy. I was never sold on him as a DC either.... I guess there's obviously something that some people see but I never saw it. 

Definitely a strange guy. I was never sold on him as a DC either.... I guess there's obviously something that some people see but I never saw it. 

Then there's Ed Hervey. All he talks about is the Eskimo culture. About understanding what it means to be an Eskimo. He said during the football broadcast last Friday that he only wants players who aren't using the Eskimos as a stepping stone. That have a passion for the game & want to only play in Edmonton... I just went... "Huh"???? Hervey's focus should be about finding the best players for the team & about winning whether they dream of an NFL contract or not. Can't tell me that there aren't current Eskimo players who don't want to play in the NFL. I thought either Hervey is naive or he's lying. Either way it was a dumb thing to say. If I was an Eskimo fan, I wouldn't be thrilled with the narrowness of his thinking. 

I'll be surprised if the Schmoes win more than 2 or 3 games this year.  They just look brutal on paper right now.

A lot of people would say the same about the Bombers.

yeah but they're wrong about that, we're actually right about the esks.

:D

This is why I am here.  All the sad-sacks at OB would just pile on about how Buck sucks and the Bombers aren't going to win a game all year.  I can't believe the amount of negativity before the season has even started.  Check that.  These are Winnipeg fans.  I can believe it.

People are just weary, KBF. That's what I put it down to. But bitching about Buck isn't going to change things. Both Burke & Mack have stuck their necks out for Pierce. Their careers are on the line. We might as well support them.... until such time it isn't working. Bitching isn't going to change things. One thing's for sure, this is the final season of this scenario. Something is gonna give if Buck gets hurt again.

yeah but they're wrong about that, we're actually right about the esks.

I think you're overlooking the fact that the Eskimos brought in Mike Reilly................

Mack influenced the Kent cut...?  That's not quite the story we heard... in fact, I remember hearing that Mack let Lapo make the decisions...

Lots of revisionist history in the print media. Until recently Etienne was Mack's bust but now that he looks like he will be a contributing member of the team he's suddenly Lapo's pick according to some in the media.

Lots of revisionist history in the print media. Until recently Etienne was Mack's bust but now that he looks like he will be a contributing member of the team he's suddenly Lapo's pick according to some in the media.

Yeah I really don't get this at all.

I think you're overlooking the fact that the Eskimos brought in Mike Reilly................

No, trust me.  Not overlooking that at all.  The fact that he was tied or barely ahead of Nichols in camp says a lot to me.  Also his crap-tastic performance in the pre-season game didn't exactly inspire much confidence either.  That said, he lights it up in the game tomorrow and I may hold out some hope for Edmonton this year.  But not much.