Phil Sheegl

DR. CFL

One down another 9 to go.

9? If you're referring to the Bombers BoD there are more than 10 Board members.

I am refferring to the BoD, but I have no issue with either Thompson or Cameron. Strath is new to the Board, so not sure if she is part of the "ole boys club" or not.

Absolutely despise Asper and Sheegl.

Anyone else find it odd that the majority of BoD's are former execs of failed businesses ?

Anyone else find it odd that the majority of BoD's are former execs of failed businesses ?

Not true at all. Brock Bulbuck is the CEO of Boyd Autobody which isn't a failed business. Trevor Kennard's business isn't a failure. Chrys Pappas is a successful lawyer at the second largest law firm in Manitoba. Asper's Creswin isn't a failed business (and please don't bring up Canwest because he wasn't the reason the company failed). Deborah Metcalfe isn't a failed executive - she's an auditor for the Law Society of Manitoba. Bill Watchorn is a partner in a business advisory company. Ossama AbouZeid owns a company that oversees construction projects. Vincent Barletta is the rep for the Province. Gene Dunn is CEO of Monarch Industries which isn't a failed business.

Not true at all. Brock Bulbuck is the CEO of Boyd Autobody which isn't a failed business. Trevor Kennard's business isn't a failure. Chrys Pappas is a successful lawyer at the second largest law firm in Manitoba. Asper's Creswin isn't a failed business (and please don't bring up Canwest because he wasn't the reason the company failed). Deborah Metcalfe isn't a failed executive - she's an auditor for the Law Society of Manitoba. Bill Watchorn is a partner in a business advisory company. Ossama AbouZeid owns a company that oversees construction projects. Vincent Barletta is the rep for the Province. Gene Dunn is CEO of Monarch Industries which isn't a failed business.

I retract the statement that the majority were from failed businesses, however AbouZeid was apart of Buhler industries which almost collapsed had it not been for the take-over, although some believe the take-over could have caused the issues. Watchorn was from a failed business, or do you not recall Federal Industries, are we going to blame Izzy for that one ?

Dunn was also apart of Federal industries, plus Willson Stationers, Cashway Building Centers were on the brink before the buy from Rona Inc.

But but but they have to be failures especially Asper. Give me a break. I for one love Asper's commitment and passion.

Asper is one of the reasons the organization is in this bloody mess.

The Asper's are good at 2 things, #1. Using daddy's name to get what they want and #2. Getting Government funding.

And please don't say without Asper there would be no stadium, the Board voted for Asper's plan..................... I wonder why ?

What Commitment ?

Asper is very successful.  Look, I wish I was wealthy and famous too but Im not jealous of the guy's success.  A bit of that going around here.  Id rather have more people like him involved with the Bombers, guys who passionately love the team and want it to succeed.

I'd like that too, if he were putting money into the team in any way.