Blue Bombers finish first in the West. Breaking Headlines from Bali....

do or die

Ok let's see who we shuffle onto the AR for this week to give some vets some rest. In many cases I think we'll see lots of the non starting Canadians on the AR get more reps: Dobson, Eli, Boo, Augustine and Hallett for example. Whether they start of just take more reps than the usual starters is a TBD.

I'd like to see Houston get on the AR this week. Alexander is nicked so we might be a little thin. Besides he'll be next man up if we experience any new injuries this week. In fact he may regain his starting role this week. IDK. How they'd get him on the AR is a ratio / DI question. I suppose if Alexander is nicked they could just 1 game him this week and just add in Houston to the AR. Hallett to start at safety but Houston could rotate into the secondary.

Now the bigger questions. Do we decide to get any of Haba, Garbutt, Fox or Richmond onto the roster. Letting Jeffcoat have more time to get healthier is not a bad idea.  Richmond could spell one of our T's but both seem healthy at the moment.

This is a perfect chance to get Gauthier back onto the AR replacing Kelly on ST's. Gauthier seems to be healthy again and some live game reps will help in the play offs.

That's my take.

38 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Ok let's see who we shuffle onto the AR for this week to give some vets some rest. In many cases I think we'll see lots of the non starting Canadians on the AR get more reps: Dobson, Eli, Boo, Augustine and Hallett for example. Whether they start of just take more reps than the usual starters is a TBD.

I'd like to see Houston get on the AR this week. Alexander is nicked so we might be a little thin. Besides he'll be next man up if we experience any new injuries this week. In fact he may regain his starting role this week. IDK. How they'd get him on the AR is a ratio / DI question. I suppose if Alexander is nicked they could just 1 game him this week and just add in Houston to the AR. Hallett to start at safety but Houston could rotate into the secondary.

Now the bigger questions. Do we decide to get any of Haba, Garbutt, Fox or Richmond onto the roster. Letting Jeffcoat have more time to get healthier is not a bad idea.  Richmond could spell one of our T's but both seem healthy at the moment.

This is a perfect chance to get Gauthier back onto the AR replacing Kelly on ST's. Gauthier seems to be healthy again and some live game reps will help in the play offs.

That's my take.

No way you take Kelly of Teams...dude s a stud...Gauthier should take Jackson's spot, and then that DA gets used in a better way....and End...Fox or an extra DB....

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

No way you take Kelly of Teams...dude s a stud...Gauthier should take Jackson's spot, and then that DA gets used in a better way....and End...Fox or an extra DB....

I'm not disagreeing with that. I just think O'Shea won't take Jackson off the AR. That means we need to remove a Canadian so choices are limited although Briggs is pretty much dead weight. I could live with him being taken off instead.

Briggs will be 34 by next TC and I'm expecting he'll be in tough making the roster. Age, SMS and needing AR room for players like Kelly and / or 2024 draft choices.

That said, Briggs has 11 ST's and I can't find stats for Kelly ( useless CFL.CA info ). In any case giving Kelly more reps can't be a bad thing whether Gauthier is added this week or not.

Edited by Blue In BC

20 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

I'm not disagreeing with that. I just think O'Shea won't take Jackson off the AR. That means we need to remove a Canadian so choices are limited although Briggs is pretty much dead weight. I could live with him being taken off instead.

Briggs will be 34 by next TC and I'm expecting he'll be in tough making the roster. Age, SMS and needing AR room for players like Kelly and / or 2024 draft choices.

That said, Briggs has 11 ST's and I can't find stats for Kelly ( useless CFL.CA info ). In any case giving Kelly more reps can't be a bad thing whether Gauthier is added this week or not.

sadly I have to agree with you and doubt he removes him....just dont get that...If anything I would pooch Thomas off and Gauthier take his spot...speaking of dead weight...With how our ration is we don't need a Canadian DT to make things work....so the rotating in of Lawson, and the other dead weight Bennett along with Hansen and how we been using Cole and Clements as a stand up rusher/drop into coverage guy would be more than sufficient....Gauthier we all know is crucial on ST's...Thomas is not....who cares he been here forever...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

sadly I have to agree with you and doubt he removes him....just dont get that...If anything I would pooch Thomas off and Gauthier take his spot...speaking of dead weight...With how our ration is we don't need a Canadian DT to make things work....so the rotating in of Lawson, and the other dead weight Bennett along with Hansen and how we been using Cole and Clements as a stand up rusher/drop into coverage guy would be more than sufficient....Gauthier we all know is crucial on ST's...Thomas is not....who cares he been here forever...

Face it, O'Shea is not going to make any of the drastic moves you suggest this year, they will roll into the playoffs as is with Jackson at FB.  Honestly he's become pretty good at his job and has helped them grind out critical yards to end games and score TD's on the ground.  Got to give him a tip of the hat for good effort and doing his job well.

Edited by Fatty Liver

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Face it, O'Shea is not going to make any of the drastic moves you suggest this year, they will roll into the playoffs as is with Jackson at FB.  Honestly he's become pretty good at his job and has helped them grind out critical yards to end games and score TD's on the ground.  Got to give him a tip of the hat for good effort and doing his job well.

I'd like to see Grant put on the shelf until the playoffs begin, let some other guy like McCrae take the extra pounding.

anyone can do that tho...Its not hard....and removing him is hardly drastic