Als v. Argos

Mark F

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

As a new owner Stern needs to step back, chill out and keep his mouth shut, direct owner interference with the  roster and coaching staff is not going to help his team win football games.  Threatening coaches and personnel with change will further erode the atmosphere in the club house and could cause the Als to crater a promising new season.  Who knows, maybe he's the one that decided V.A. was already on a short leash.

There’s Al Davis engaged and there’s Harold Ballard engaged. Stern doesn’t have the chops that Davis had, so …yeah. It’s his team to **** up I guess. 

Edited by Rod Black

17 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

As a new owner Stern needs to step back, chill out and keep his mouth shut, direct owner interference with the  roster and coaching staff is not going to help his team win football games.  Threatening coaches and personnel with change will further erode the atmosphere in the club house and could cause the Als to crater a promising new season.  Who knows, maybe he's the one that decided V.A. was already on a short leash.

He is, however…a big smart man. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Oh, I thought you mentioned “objectively”. Like in scientific, data. Like the 640 yards passing the RB and BB put up, that kind of “objective”, is meaningless and that kind of offensive performance. 

Agree to disagree I suppose. I meant “objectively” as in a way that does not involve personal feelings or bias. 

The Bombers were putrid offensively, and inept defensively in the first half, while the Redblacks kept shooting themselves in the foot. Just an awful game until the fourth quarter. 

It’s not like the Als-Argos game was a masterpiece either, however based on each team’s performance so far, I’m not sure how anyone could say that the Bombers will “slaughter” either of those teams, which was my original point.

1 minute ago, Yourface said:

Agree to disagree I suppose. I meant “objectively” as in a way that does not involve personal feelings or bias. 

The Bombers were putrid offensively, and inept defensively in the first half, while the Redblacks kept shooting themselves in the foot. Just an awful game until the fourth quarter. 

It’s not like the Als-Argos game was a masterpiece either, however based on each team’s performance so far, I’m not sure how anyone could say that the Bombers will “slaughter” either of those teams, which was my original point.

I don’t agree to disagree. you don’t know what you meant. And now blocked