Game 42: @Ottawa

iHeart

58 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I want to see a Stanley-Tkachuk fight !

Stanley needs to learn how, first. Tkachuk is going to fight dirty and would probably school Baby Huey. Stanley has all the potential to be tough the way that Chara is tough...but he needs to learn how. Buddies and I were saying on the weekend that Stanley desperately could have used a guy like Buff to teach him how to "strut"....be a big guy that KNOWS he's a big guy. I still think Stanley is a bit too timid...not cocky enough about the fact that he's a beast.

I think he is learning how big he is. His first fight was just a “yeah, it’s time to inject that into a game” but the Corey Perry non-tilt was him stepping up for a teammate and knowing what role he can provide. And Perry’s timid reaction had to embolden him to realize how imposing he is becoming. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Stanley needs to learn how, first. Tkachuk is going to fight dirty and would probably school Baby Huey. Stanley has all the potential to be tough the way that Chara is tough...but he needs to learn how. Buddies and I were saying on the weekend that Stanley desperately could have used a guy like Buff to teach him how to "strut"....be a big guy that KNOWS he's a big guy. I still think Stanley is a bit too timid...not cocky enough about the fact that he's a beast.

Play dirty as well. Wheeler found that out the hard way.

Ehlers makes it 2-0

FIGHT!!!

You know it's funny, on the way home from work I was talking with my mom about how I wish we could have acquired some kind of goon that would make quick work out of every Corey Perry or Tkachuk sibling....what if Logan Stanley is the answer?

Edited by iHeart

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well the Jets are drawing penalties and outshooting them, but sloppy play leading to odd man rushes. And still passing up shot opportunities for that perfect pass. 

But Ehlers looks faster tonight. 

Ehlers may be faster but his decision making is still stuck in neutral.  Brutal turnovers by him.

This game should not be this close but Jets find a way to keep opposition in games.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jets have been badly outplayed for a lot of this game. Cripes. 

Not sure what game you are watching. They have lead in shots and time of possession in the offensive zone, and forced a lot of penalties which have helped those stats. It’s their turnovers leading to grade A chances that is their failing tonight, not extended zone time against.