Game 37: vs Montreal

iHeart

42 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

So, can I ask why the Jekyll and Hyde with this team? We seem to go from blowing teams away to getting blown away.

Maurice has never been able to adapt to the Eastern Division speed style of game - he wants to 'grind it out' against fast teams 

The whole season has been riding on our goalie stealing games...  Blues back to back will probably define the season

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Home ice advantage doesn't seem like a thing for this team recently. That was another stinkfest at BellMTS Place last night.

The depth is really getting tested at the moment. I think the blue line is starting to get exposed, too.

Yeah Maurice kinda said that too. That they have to “grind”.  Outside of Josh and Pionk the d lacks skill to compete at a high level every night.  Although they’ve performed admirably under the circumstances.  And Sbisa has been a pleasant surprise. 

Also our monthly reminder that the trouba trade has turned out pretty good so far 

Pionk is also averaging more ice time. Might take a couple years for the D to shore up with reinforcements but the future looks bright.  I’d expect jets to look for an upgrade at the deadline if it costs very little and to be active in free agency next season especially if buff isn’t coming back.