Lions @ Bombers Depth Charts

sweep the leg

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

But they don't have to declare who those 2 are until later, correct? I'm just saying there's still a chance another lineman goes down in that time. I'd hate to see one of Bond or Hardrick pressed into service when they're not healthy. Or Thomas or whoever would pinch in.

If they need to replace someone on the 44 man it doesn't have to be Bond or Hardrick. The Bombers could tell the league they are doing an emergency roster adjustment so they can suit up someone from the practice roster. This is a home game so they have access to these players if needed.  They did this earlier the year for the Banjo Bowl when Loffler was a last minute scratch. 

I'm relatively certain that Bond was concussed in the Toronto game. They took him out and he was walking the sidelines with the team the rest of the game. I'm sure it's precautionary and that he'll be back. 

If you take Bond and Hardrick off and put them on the 1 game IR, you have to put two more guys on the 46, therefore 4 guys who aren't playing count against the cap. If Hardrick and Bond are the two scratches, only two game cheques count against the cap. Just a thought, but I don't think we are that close to the cap, but it does save some $$$.

22 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

If they need to replace someone on the 44 man it doesn't have to be Bond or Hardrick. The Bombers could tell the league they are doing an emergency roster adjustment so they can suit up someone from the practice roster. This is a home game so they have access to these players if needed.  They did this earlier the year for the Banjo Bowl when Loffler was a last minute scratch. 

Thanks for the clarification. This makes more sense to me then. I thought the taxi squad applied to home games as well.