Game 58 : Lightning @ 25 Games Left

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

We seriously suck and lots of it is on coaching.  Outside having a smoke... people want Maurice gone 

I almost choked when i heard the tv colour guy talk about how great Charlie Huddy for the Jets and i believe this was after they showed the fx that we've given up the most goals in the league.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pretty sure chiarot was on the ice more than Morrissey.  Coaching SUCKS. 

Peten, Perreault on the powerplay is questionable.

41 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I almost choked when i heard the tv colour guy talk about how great Charlie Huddy for the Jets and i believe this was after they showed the fx that we've given up the most goals in the league.

Peten, Perreault on the powerplay is questionable.

Petan was great on the point with Scheif, Ehlers, Laine earlier this season...

Maurice refuses to play his fourth line...  its costing this team - TB was able to roll their lines all night and not miss a beat

Time to clean house - wonder which bargain coach we'll hire next

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Perreault is an example of someone who talks crap but on the ice is crap. He was pathetic today. 

I actually disagree. He was all over the ice. He isn't a natural scorer but he was getting chances and creating chances. And has been since coming back. He looks to hustle out there. 

And either way, good for him being honest.  The usual canned responses are getting old. Especially from Maurice. 

i think this is what bothers people the most.  The team has seemingly quit. Why is that?  This isn't like they are completely out of the playoffs, at least they weren't after their three game winning streak and yet they just seem to have given up. 

How can the coach not be responsible?  

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

i think this is what bothers people the most.  The team has seemingly quit. Why is that?  This isn't like they are completely out of the playoffs, at least they weren't after their three game winning streak and yet they just seem to have given up. 

How can the coach not be responsible?  

It's equal parts coaching and players.  The team has lost all confidence.  It's not like they're moping around intentionally losing games because they think the season's over.  They just have lost all their confidence... no one is playing well right now aside from Trouba and Bryan Little.  It's up to the players to get that confidence back but the coach needs to be able to help them get there and I'm not sure Maurice knows how.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

It's equal parts coaching and players.  The team has lost all confidence.  It's not like they're moping around intentionally losing games because they think the season's over.  They just have lost all their confidence... no one is playing well right now aside from Trouba and Bryan Little.  It's up to the players to get that confidence back but the coach needs to be able to help them get there and I'm not sure Maurice knows how.

Trouba is starting to drift into 'playing for his big contract'...  that last game was ugly on his part, selfish moves, trying to do everything, chasing the puck...  Morrissey probably misses Buff...

I'm not sure if it's confidence. They went on a three game wining streak and beat good teams.  

Honestly if this were anyone else all the talk would be the coach losing the room. But because it's Maurice and he's chevy's boy the narrative being put forth is the opposite. 

Maurice threw his goalies under bus to distract from himself.  It's time he was fired. 

It's guys like wheeler and buff I think. They are supposed to lead by example but the last few games haven't shown much care. They are the parents and when the kids *ehlers Laine Scheif etc* see the parents giving up... they do also. I think it's time to move on from wheeler and if possible buff. Keep little. 

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm not sure if it's confidence. They went on a three game wining streak and beat good teams.  

A three game winning streak with four days off between games during that 'streak'...  I guess that's the secret!!

St Louis and Dallas were not good teams when we played them... Allen was awful in the Blues game and the Jets gave up 40+ shots in the Stars game

Jets better win against Dallas... because the Pens and Montreal are going to destroy them

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

At this point I'd like the jets to get the first overall pick. No more of this playing decent in mate march so management can say how they're on the right track. 

As bad as they are, Jets won't catch Avs or Arizona...  I'm find with 4th or 5th pick and take one of the two top D prospects.