Burmistrov is Gone

Actually, it was obvious he couldn't play in the big league...over handling the puck and losing possession...not using his wingers....shudda traded him then and got something for him.....asset management.

The only thing I think saved him was he was an okay PKer.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Yup, if  you look up the posts around this time of the year  last year you will see goalie and I we were talking about how useless he was and all the rest of you guys were berating us because you guys thought  Burmi was an NHL caliber player.

I was never a fan of Burmi coming back.  In fact, no one was really 'excited' about it.

But sure, you were the only one who saw the truth... as always.

I seem to remember (possibly on the old site) nearly everyone was not a fan at all of Burmistrov the last season he played before leaving for the KHL.

The only "excitement" fans around here had of him was that he was signed to a cheap cheap contract and we had hopes that he would of matured and could of been a decent player that we could of traded away for something of quality in return.  

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I know you have trouble with English but I mentioned Goalie also saying he shouldn't be on the team.....go look it up.

I figured you were just sucking up to him now that you've realized Maurice might be the problem.

If Armia doesn't play another 14 games, he isn't eligible for the draft!!!

We signed Stanley because Myers is finished...

Look, Price's and Helle's first couple of years are similar!!! Oh my God, Helle is going to be as good as Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick, fire Maurice!!!

If Comrie comes up and plays, we will have to protect him!!!

Any of this BS ring a bell?

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

Yup, if  you look up the posts around this time of the year  last year you will see goalie and I we were talking about how useless he was and all the rest of you guys were berating us because you guys thought  Burmi was an NHL caliber player.

He is an NHL caliber player.  Or at least he has NHL caliber talent.  Not every player works out in every city.  We'll see what happens.  He might find a fit somewhere.  He might bounce around for the next ten years.  Who knows.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I seem to remember (possibly on the old site) nearly everyone was not a fan at all of Burmistrov the last season he played before leaving for the KHL.

The only "excitement" fans around here had of him was that he was signed to a cheap cheap contract and we had hopes that he would of matured and could of been a decent player that we could of traded away for something of quality in return.  

Admittedly I thought Burmi could be a Frolik-ish defensive forward.  He has that talent.  He just cant put it together.  I was wrong.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He is an NHL caliber player.  Or at least he has NHL caliber talent.  Not every player works out in every city.  We'll see what happens.  He might find a fit somewhere.  He might bounce around for the next ten years.  Who knows.

I see him on a line with Nail Yakupov and David Booth with Yaroslavl Lokomotiv next year.