Will Calgary become a "Dynasty"?

BigBlue

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Hope so.

I hope to see a lot of hurrys and hits on Mitchell in this game.  Ottawa should show him who he really is.

I am predicting Ottawa wins.

Could be but I think Mitchell is a far more consistent qb than Henry Burris. The weather will be good & the track fast. The RedBlacks won't be able to run on the Stamps like they did against the Eskimos in the snow. The RedBlacks receivers are phenomenal. As a group better than the Stamps but the Stamps running game with Jerome Messam spelled off by Roy Finch are better.  Stamps defense is very, very good. I think the Stamps ST's are better than the RedBlacks The other huge advantage is Dave Dickenson. He called a game in the Western Final that totally confused the Lions defense. He is a great offensive schemer & play caller. Mitchell has played in his offense for 4 seasons. They both know the playbook inside out & sideways. They both think alike.

However, the Grey Cup is a 1 shot deal & not a best of 7. As it is a single game championship, we know that even though the Stamps are favored, anything can happen "On Any Given Sunday".

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Here is a quick look at the Stamps regular season records since 2007 (the last time they posted a losing season):
2007: 7-10-1
2008: 13-5-0 (won Grey Cup)
2009: 10-7-1
2010: 13-5-0
2011: 11-7-0
2012: 12-6-0
2013: 14-4-0
2014: 15-3-0 (won Grey Cup)
2015: 14-4-0
2016: 15-2-1

From 2007 through 2016, they've posted a 0.689 winning percentage. Although not complete dominance, posting 9 consecutive 10+ winning seasons is pretty impressive, even in the CFL. The last time the Stamps missed the playoffs was in 2004 (4-14-0). I'd argue they are already a dynasty since year after year they manage to remain competitive and in the top half of the league, regardless of the pieces of the team they lose through free agency or retirement.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ridiculous. The last thing I want is Burris on my TV crowing about how he single handedly overcame the debilitating knee injury to single handedly win this Grey Cup all by himself. He snapped, blocked, threw, caught and ran.... 

One upside is that it probably means someone  (Toronto or Saskatchewan?) will have to over pay for his services next season.

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ridiculous. The last thing I want is Burris on my TV crowing about how he single handedly overcame the debilitating knee injury to single handedly win this Grey Cup all by himself. He snapped, blocked, threw, caught and ran.... 

Did you hear him say about his injured knee "How much more do I have to endure on this journey"?

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

love watching Burris shredding those a holes!

LOL! 20 point lead now. Ottawa unstoppable. Are Henry Burris and the Redblacks showing BLM and the Stumps "Who they really are"?