Game 19 : Road Trip @ Philadelphia Feeling

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Wasn't a penalty. But I will question 1 thing there. We were down 4 2 with 4 minutes 30 seconds left. Why was thorburn on the ice? 

I wondered that.  But to be honest, that line hustled a lot, worked hard, did generate some chances.  It might have been Maurice sending a message that hard work will get critical ice time.  it could have been feeling his top guys werent good enough.  It could have been trying to manage the time and rest the big guns for a shift.  Not sure.  Burmi had an awful give away early.  But aside from that, that line was hustling again.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wondered that.  But to be honest, that line hustled a lot, worked hard, did generate some chances.  It might have been Maurice sending a message that hard work will get critical ice time.  it could have been feeling his top guys werent good enough.  It could have been trying to manage the time and rest the big guns for a shift.  Not sure.  Burmi had an awful give away early.  But aside from that, that line was hustling again.

Burmi's the new Wright.

Burmi is more talented than Wright and Wright was more responsible.  Neither guy can score to save their lives.  Seems Burmi has played much better since the trade rumours.  It seems to me he has accepted his role more and rather then try to be a scorer, he is playing well as a puck possession guy.  Which means he doesnt want to be traded...or wants to be traded and is showcasing himself.  Regardless, he is playing better.

On 11/16/2016 at 11:09 AM, Mr Dee said:

Thorburn is a delicious fringe player to have on one's team. He can play hockey, keep opponents in line and appears to be a hell of a well-liked player by his teammates. A leader. The real question is, why wouldn't you cycle him in the lineup?

Still have this opinion 10 days later?