Game 8 : Armia's Army @ Avalanche

Good for Dano....if not for the waiver rule, he probably wouldn't have been sent down.

I think we should have called up Petan or Copp but what do I know.....if the duration is only going to be 2 games or so, I would have called up Roslo and lined him up with Wheeler and Laine. Put Scheif with Connor and Ehlers...

Petan from all accounts had a terrible training camp, Copp needs time with the Moose still... Dano is the right choice, Tanev Burmi Dano is not an awful 4th line, it's better than Tanev Burmi Thorburn that's for sure. 

It's almost at that time with Petan where he's falling down the depth chart, he's not even playing center for the Moose, they have him as a winger, Guys like Copp,De Leo, Roslovic even have passed him on the center depth chart...

I get why people like Petan but so far, he really hasn't prven anything, outside of a great junior career, as a pro, he's done pretty much nothing. 

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

I'm not I'm not sure why they dislike him so much because I think he's better than Chiarot..... probably doesn't want to switch up the lineup from a game  they won what so handily.

If he's better than Chiarot, he hasn't shown it this year.

I think Chiarot is the worse D man we are carrying this year....judging by this year's play.

As far as Petan is concerned, I think it is time to give him a chance....I honestly don't think he will make the Jets full time....ever. He has put in some time and deserves a game or two though. I have been saying to include Petan in a trade for over a year now.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I think Chiarot is the worse D man we are carrying this year....judging by this year's play.

As far as Petan is concerned, I think it is time to give him a chance....I honestly don't think he will make the Jets full time....ever. He has put in some time and deserves a game or two though. I have been saying to include Petan in a trade for over a year now.

He's been given a chance. I'm not sure why, a few games later, he deserves ANOTHER chance ahead of better players.

Dano is a great choice.  Not only is a great part of a checking 4th line, but he can actually move up if needed (injury etc) and play top six minutes.  Yes, thats not ideal, but he likely wont hurt them there.  He's a good player with potential to be better offensively.  Tanev-Burmi-Dano is actually a really solid puck possession 4th line that could pot a few goals.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

The Bryan Little injury is probably a bigger frustration than anything else because that really changes the look,"  said Maurice .

I think this sums up the woes with our Jet team to date. Absolutely, depth is important but it's not an even swap here. 

When significant pieces of a starting roster aren't available (Little, Trouba), it has such a domino effect on the look of the team. Lets hope this new look can at least manage until we get our pieces back (or a similar facsimile). 

Reffing was pretty ridiculous this game. Couple pretty obvious missed ones on the same shift... interference on thorburn and then tripping on Tanev... both missed. But the Jets prevailed.  Played pretty good for a back to back. Went defensive in the third tho for sure. Mathias Lowry Armia should not be broken up. That's our best line currently.  Maurice won't mess with it. And shouldn't regardless of how well armia Is playing. You don't **** with chemistry and that lines got it big time. 

9 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The Bryan Little injury is probably a bigger frustration than anything else because that really changes the look,"  said Maurice .

I think this sums up the woes with our Jet team to date. Absolutely, depth is important but it's not an even swap here. 

When significant pieces of a starting roster aren't available (Little, Trouba), it has such a domino effect on the look of the team. Lets hope this new look can at least manage until we get our pieces back (or a similar facsimile). 

That can be said for probably 80 percent of the teams in the league tho.