Game 1 : Hurricanes @ Jets

Maurice has said that during the month of November (only get 2 days off in a row once), a rotation of goalies can be expected.

I am guessing we will see more injuries this year with the games being so close to one another because of the time off the players bargained for in February I think?

There is a benefit of having the Moose play in the same city and I think we will see it this season.

edit... I am expecting a 2 goal win by the Jets and Hutch to start.

Edited by Ducky

It's not going to be pav now, he's been put on waivers/ essentially demoted to the moose

and since Dano has been assigned to the Moose, there goes my Hawaii Five-O chant, I'm more surprised that no one has laid a claim on Trouba yet, unless he actually is volunteering to play for Vegas

seriously how the heck do you delete comments?

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

It's not going to be pav now, he's been put on waivers/ essentially demoted to the moose

and since Dano has been assigned to the Moose, there goes my Hawaii Five-O chant, I'm more surprised that no one has laid a claim on Trouba yet, unless he actually is volunteering to play for Vegas

seriously how the heck do you delete comments?

No one can claim trouba. He's RFA. At most someone can offer him a deal but jets would match. If trouba doesn't want to play here he won't sign an offer sheet knowing the Jets would match. 

Dano strikes me as the type of player the jets like. He will be back. Go to the moose and learn the jets systems a bit more, play at a high level etc. 

Trouba is a RFA... he can't be claimed, he can be offer sheeted but most teams don't have the space or the requirements outside of 4 first round picks (which trouba isn't worth) to make the offer sheet, Jets match all other equivalent offer sheets. I'd imagine they'd take the 4 firsts but noones gonna offer that cuz Trouba isn't crosby lemieux or gretzky despite what DADDY Trouba might think. 

45 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Trouba is a RFA... he can't be claimed, he can be offer sheeted but most teams don't have the space or the requirements outside of 4 first round picks (which trouba isn't worth) to make the offer sheet, Jets match all other equivalent offer sheets. I'd imagine they'd take the 4 firsts but noones gonna offer that cuz Trouba isn't crosby lemieux or gretzky despite what DADDY Trouba might think. 

Daddy Trouba would compare him to Scott Stevens. That was 5 first-rounders.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

21 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No one can claim trouba. He's RFA. At most someone can offer him a deal but jets would match. If trouba doesn't want to play here he won't sign an offer sheet knowing the Jets would match. 

Dano strikes me as the type of player the jets like. He will be back. Go to the moose and learn the jets systems a bit more, play at a high level etc. 

no he requested a trade. next time he plays here I'll encourage people to chant, "Where's Your Agent"

Edited by iHeart

Sat in the new seats for Cirque. They're nice. Not much more to say than that.

I think Helle gets the start.

Someone must have the cap space and picks to offer Trouba a $7-8M x 7 year deal? That doesn't require 4x 1st rounders. I don't think anyone would do it, at this point.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Someone must have the cap space and picks to offer Trouba a $7-8M x 7 year deal? That doesn't require 4x 1st rounders. I don't think anyone would do it, at this point.

Compensation would be "Two firsts, a second and third-round picks"  Jets would match.  The only way to make the Jets not match would be to offer maximum compensation which would be $9.3m per year.  In which case Jets might take the 4 first round picks. 

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Compensation would be "Two firsts, a second and third-round picks"  Jets would match.  The only way to make the Jets not match would be to offer maximum compensation which would be $9.3m per year.  In which case Jets might take the 4 first round picks. 

That would be a pretty tough call. I mean, if it were Edmonton with the offer sheet, I would be inclined to let them have him for two firsts a second, and a third.

Look how often they pick first overall! At the very least, they would be top tier picks!

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:
59 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah. It does. Let's just call it 7 x 7 so 49 million. Since its over 5 years you take that 49 million and divide it by 5 and you get 9 almost 10 million. Compensation for offer sheets is based on the total aka 7 x 7 = 49 divided by 5 years. 9 10 million = 4 1sts. Of course that's ignoring that trouba isn't worth 7 x 7 even. 

Edited by Goalie

Nobody has the cap space really. Lots of teams trying to drop salary plus trouba isn't worth that anyway. All his comparables are in.  Hes in that 4.75 to 5.5 range long term.  Lindholm is the only one worth more than 5.5 

Edited by Goalie

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nobody has the cap space really. Lots of teams trying to drop salary plus trouba isn't worth that anyway. All his comparables are in.  Hes in that 4.75 to 5.5 range long term.  Lindholm is the only one worth more than 5.5 

Nine other teams could conceivable sign Trouba today with their cap space. Two of whom would need to clear about $1.5M in space before doing it.