bombers sign 1 OL cut 4 from PR.

wbbfan

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/T/John-Kling

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2016/4/30/11530800/nfl-draft-2016-john-kling-drafted-signed-by-team-in-round-as-free

Considered a high up side project. Highly regarded student athlete. 90%+ hs&college. One of the higher rated UDFA. 30" vert, 8'8" broad jump, 21 reps. Was squating near 400 and benching near 350 in HS. All the reports say his raw tools would put him in the top tier athletically of OL. Knock on him is his technique and footwork need work. Sounds like a perfect guy to have wylie work with. 

Edited by wbbfan

24 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Never got to see Outlaw so cant comment but Temple and Martin were 1 and done so they didn't impress anyone.

Ya. Any of these guys could be back for TC next year too. Outlaw sounded kind of raw. But who knows. Seems like a bit of a tajh boyd situation. High promise young guy in and out real quick despite raw tools. Could be an off the field issue.

Edited by wbbfan

9 hours ago, bearpants said:

I wonder if the release of Outlaw means Makale McKay is closer to signing than we think... (BTW I'm just catching up on yesterday's news, so if he has signed already, please disregard)

Probably not... one can hope though, it would be nice if Nichols had a bigger receiver on offense. Hopefully Adams is on the mend and will be back sooner rather than later. 

9 hours ago, bearpants said:

I wonder if the release of Outlaw means Makale McKay is closer to signing than we think... (BTW I'm just catching up on yesterday's news, so if he has signed already, please disregard)

Could be never know. Man that guy has the most negative scouting reports i have ever seen. He must be good.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, wbbfan said:

In, John Kling. 6'7 315 buffalo

Out; WR outlaw, DL eric martin, DL erik williams, and lb nick temple. 

Man, I remember a time & it doesn't seem that long ago (but it was) when a 245 lb OL was the norm. A giant would have been LT Bill Frank at 6'7 & 275 lbs...

7 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Man, I remember a time & it doesn't seem that long ago (but it was) when a 245 lb OL was the norm. A giant would have been LT Bill Frank at 6'7 & 275 lbs...

not that old but i remember when 300 was considered really big. Now the last really good sub 300 ol i can remember is brett macniel. 

Tony mandarich iirc was a shade under 300 and supposed to revolutionize the position.

This guy has that new generation OL body type though, which is closer to what it used to be. More of a strong man/power lifter build. 

7 hours ago, iso_55 said:

it's interesting b/c if you look at the dominant o-line from the 80s, Walby was a monster at 6'6 320 ish while the rest of the guys were hovering around 250 lbs... now if I see a scouting report on a o-lineman and he's under 300 my first thought is he needs to put on weight...

26 minutes ago, bearpants said:

it's interesting b/c if you look at the dominant o-line from the 80s, Walby was a monster at 6'6 320 ish while the rest of the guys were hovering around 250 lbs... now if I see a scouting report on a o-lineman and he's under 300 my first thought is he needs to put on weight...

Yeah and to consider he was originally a DL which are even smaller usually then OL is crazy.

Taking a quick glance only a hand full of active OL currently are 5-10 % under 300lbs as listed. Michael couture whose listed 285 seems to be amongst the smallest and his knock was of course needs to gain weight.