Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goalie

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Goalie

  1. Bombers D takes the heat but the last 2 seasons plus a part of the last one with Buck as OC has been pretty consistently bad on O. Is that O’Shea? Cuz couple different coordinators now since and still bad, is that O’Shea or is that Zach maybe? Zach throwing 50 yard punts and he’s a grizzled vet, **** he does would get a rookie benched or cut. I suppose that is on O’Shea cuz Zach has never once been benched. Not once. He’s played pretty poorly the past couple of seasons. It’s on O’Shea for playing him and it’s partially on Zach for just not being an elite cfl qb anymore. He was for a couple of seasons. He isn’t anymore. Oshea and Kyle need to recognize that. Kyle is technically MOS boss so he can do stuff but doesn’t at all ever during the season. Not for 6 7 seasons now.
  2. Quebec City, in 7 to 10 years, get ready!!
  3. Yet the trumps of the world live on.
  4. Yeah. Honestly. I think I saw the O had like 35 net yards the entire 2nd half. That’s pretty bad. Like worse than hogan bad. Pretty tough to blame the D when they give up like 2 tds and 3 fgs. Thats a pretty solid game for any D this season. 22 points. Yeah. The O is garbage for sure. Don’t need stats to show that either but 35 yards is a stat nobody should have in 1 half of football.
  5. Yeah. I dunno about that. Popp has been out of the game a long time. Plus it’s just a senior advisor role. I’m not sure popp knows what makes a great team in 26.
  6. Is Jim Popp in 2026 the equivalent of hiring Joe Mack when we did? Kind of an older bird dog maybe not as familiar with today’s athlete? I dunno. Mack found some talent tho. Also Ottawa is saying, we don’t have the talent. It’s not coaching its talent, here? We seem to ignore players on the field and blame coaching immediately. JY isn’t calling miss 6 tackles for a huge gain. But there are things he is doing that’s likely hindering the group. Same with Tommy. Same with O’Shea. I wonder if they even think anything is legit wrong. If in their minds, the talent is there. When in reality it probably isn’t. BC changed a coordinator or 2 and some players. RD throws everyone but himself under the bus. O’Shea seems oblivious or just I’m not sure what the word really is, it’s a combo really. he’s the opposite of RD it seems. Throws nobody under the bus. Very rarely if ever recall O’Shea talking **** publicly about any players.
  7. Ottawa is 0 and 10 and prob won’t win a game. They kinda were a dumpster fire last year. We are 5 and 5. likely a crossover in the future. It’s not similar. Ottawa has the longest losing streak in modern cfl history. We have made the playoffs even last year which was our first not in the cup final in 4 5 years. I don’t see the similarities. We are a team who if the coaches and gm felt like, could turn it around in a few weeks even with some simple adjustments probably but adding players instead of trotting out same old is step 1. Zach is cooked also. Gotta thick Kyle sensed that with the Dru trade. BC wasn’t good 3 4 weeks ago, Sask was. Now BC is good , Sask isn’t. No it’s not just rourke. The bc D has improved significantly with some changes.
  8. Just like Brady was gonna leave. Wallace probably stays cuz I’m not sure he starts anywhere else. I’m not even sure if he’s worth a big raise. Ppl **** on big Stan, myself included but Wallace Elsbury Neufeld give up tons of pressure.
  9. Helle was bad last year. Worst year of his career. I’m ok moving on.
  10. For the record I just play devils advocate sometimes. The issues with coaching has been clear a while now. Very clear. Starting with the marine who wasted a spot. But I don’t see any changes happening right now. I could see Tommy or JY bring sacrificed tho The players ain’t innocent tho. They are the ones dropping passes or missing tackles. I don’t think the game plan involves drops and missed tackles. With that said, you bring in new players and replace the struggling ones. O’Shea talks about his vets but doesn’t realize the vets outside of 3 maybe 4 or 5 are the problem. I also have no issue with starting Canadians in the Canadian football league but when you barely have the talent (we don’t) to start the minimum, why the **** are we starting more than we need. Just coaching. I’m not sure that extra American makes a difference but playing extra Canadians don’t. Wow a 2nd rd pick.
  11. Helle will be traded. so so so much smoke.
  12. Smith and Woodbey have the makings of a solid future linebacking group. Is Shay a flop ??? Any value there? Reese. Jaworski (limited reps last year) ceresna. Willie. Gat. Maybe Jenkins or Dixon and Lawson is a solid DL group. DBs need work.
  13. I’m looking at 27. Yes I would bring Willie back as my D vet. And nobody on O cuz we got Brady Demski and broxton at this point. Gotta figure out the Oline. Get Stan out. Get Neufeld out. Get Elsbury out. Insert Vanty. Insert Vibert. Insert poncious??? Figure it out. We can run 3 OL Americans and 2 cdn receivers still. We just don’t for some reason. The “6th” option could be American. Right now even. Pokey white Demski Nield (Clercius) and singer for example. Nield or Kevens backs up, Cobb isn’t rostered no need for Daniels either. Broxton Wallace Vibert Vanty Poncious.
  14. Here’s the thing Firing Walters does nothing right now. Like it’s business as usual really and possibly worse if McManus is gm in the future , just no there. Just a gut feeling he’d be awful. Other options yes like the Canadian crew but it does nothing to the product on the field. Firing O’Shea fixes the O’Shea problem but the Tommy problem is still around, the Younger problem is around. I mean after the collapse both our coordinators can go really. If O’Shea goes then Tommy and younger need to also. That does stuff to the on field product. Thing is tho, you need the gm to have that guy in waiting ( call him lapolice) unless it’s Jake , ppl might laugh but he’d be cheaper. So Kyle needs to stay. I’m not overly sure the talent Kyle has brought in is sufficient or not, some haven’t had a proper chance. So, it’s O’Shea and the coaches. Hall sticks around as interim DC for remainder of season as a favour to lapolice then retires. You can then reevaluate Kyle in the off season and see cuz I’d treat the rest of this season as an extended 27 training camp. That means no Zach no Stan no Kyrie etc. 6 gamed. And I’m not sure if that talent is sufficient because they all sit on the pr or dress and don’t play. And that’s on O’Shea and the other coaches. Kyle when he goes after FAs is solid. Kyle when we have a higher 1st is a solid draft guy. All the guys I would like to see play are guys Kyle brought in, Kyle and the scouts. The guys who I think are very good are all mainly Walters signings or draft picks (or scouts) Demski. Broxton. Brady. Willie was a FA signing. Reese Has some skill. Woodbey is solid. Smith is a drafted Canadian. Williams has been ok as a rookie, the other 3 can be 6 gamed.
  15. You gotta think if Osh is let go, it’s the lapolice redemption arc. Maybe even Coach Jake.
  16. I’m not sure we win another game at this point. Sask is gonna embarrass us but weird things happen there and Montreal is gonna drop 50 on us easy. We don’t play Ottawa anymore. Who realistically can we beat on the remaining schedule? If you are being honest, every team we play is better than us.
  17. Pretty bang on but elks are still pretenders. But good for drawing some crowds.
  18. Osh has tried his best cliches and they ain’t working and he’s all out of ideas. if O’Shea and coaches ain’t going anywhere then players need to be. Cuz the last drive was pretty pathetic and obvious to everyone. I mean, how don’t you at the very least, fire Younger. I guess you go well, 22 points and we lost, our O had 16 points at half time and finished with 19. It’s both O and D. Sp teams were solid. Is there enough talent on O and D on this team or PR right now? Probably not. That’s the problem. Would a different coordinator make a difference to the talent currently on the team or PR? Maybe? You could argue you could run the ball 30 times a game and we’d be better off, the D looks good for spurts but poops the bed at the worst times. Does a new coordinator or coach make all those missed tackles go away? Is that talent? Every team has made changes. Not us. It’s all good here People talk about vets pulling guys into lockers and saying be fn better beach or whatever like the vets aren’t a huge problem really. Minus Willie Demski Brady the vets all absolutely suck. Bryant? Sucks. Neufeld? Sucks. Pokey? Is he a vet? He sucks man. White? He’s allllll right actually. Willie is solid still. Kyrie? lol The entire secondary? lol. Seriously. Wow have Nichols and Holm ever fallen. Moxey finally gets a pick so he did something.
  19. After watching the game again or atleast parts of it, solid opening drive but kicking a FG just hurts momentum and confidence, prob the right decision to kick the FG but a TD to start would have made a difference. I see Brady lots. Oh he’s over 100 and it’s now half. Bombers D who look very good look like their old selves on the last drive. Hmm. Nah. We got this. It’s 16 6. Oh I see. Ok. So I guess the first half minus the last drive was a fluke. Cuz yup our D is back to their old selves again but our O is doing **** all now, absolutely nothing. Where’s Brady? Hmm nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Yup. Oh boy elks saw it coming. Ok. Well. We still winning. No we aren’t. And ok here comes the 4th. Anyone’s game. Oh. Apparently not ours. Edmonton kicks the ironic FG and it’s 19 16 Edmonton. Holy **** our O is so bad. So very bad, oh my god Zach with the punt ok, that’s fine, Sergio nails one from Saskatchewan and it’s tied but oh crap, time left, and yup, that was obvious. D sure **** the bed on that drive but the O putting up 3 points and ignoring Brady is just pathetic. You can say what you want about every OC we have ever had including rookie hogan last year, they used Brady. Ppl talk like this is the O Zach helped design? I guess when he was concussed cuz it’s garbage. Someone who does internet nerd stuff needs to make a bomber highlight (more like lowlights tho) video And set it to that Benny hill song there where they all bumping into each other like they are just it’s just comedy at this point. Osh in his presser is either defeated delusional or just done with it all.
  20. is this not ban hammer stuff cuz what’s it add to the conversation? You should be careful tho cuz I Might just be.
  21. Can I finish. Can I finish. But sadly cuz for reasons @SpeedFlex27 mentioned tho, he won’t be.
  22. Yes. Stroking your own cock online. We all get it and bow down now to the great and all knowing morning big blue posters who all predicted head coaches should be fired. Very good. Very good. Indeed.
  23. Sadly. You are correct but at this point maybe they should eat it and name Jake coach. How much is that cap. How much O’Shea making. ? maybe you can hire a dude on the cheap or pay him under the table instead.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.