Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goalie

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Goalie

  1. Yeah. That Daniels pick is definitely interesting in more ways than one now. Did they overpay. Would he have been there if they didn’t trade up. Who knows, dude seems more like a bring it on game day guy not practice guy tho so maybe when he blows a dude or 2 up in a game , the opinion changes.
  2. Just throwing it out there. 2026 minus 1993 = 33 aka Patrick Roy’s Jersey number. Montreal wins the cup. And against the former Nordiques of Colorado
  3. Let’s go Habs. End the curse. They last won it in 1993 and only they can break the curse. They will beat Carolina guaranteed as Carolina has been off for way 2 long. Colorado Montreal final. Book it. Montreal wins. Guaranteed. They have faced a ton of adversity. 2 game 7s. Carolina has 2 sweeps. Montreal will beat them. Honestly Montreal. How can’t you cheer for them. Bunch of young guys who are having fun and a goalie who don’t take no **** from other teams players plus the best in arena environment in hockey by far and I’m a Jets fan but Montreal has a way more electric atmosphere all game. It’s not close.
  4. Yeah. I don’t think so. I think he’s washed. Dude played in the nfl for a while, 32 years old now, I dunno. Seems like injury related tho. I’m not sure if it’s washed or injured. Was 6 gamed last year so to be an early cut likely suggests he’s not healthy. 32 and prob has a few bucks saved up means the motivation likely wasn’t there anymore. If not for the local team then likely not for anyone else either. I’d rather the rifles kid get a shot.
  5. I’ve watched it on the nfl network we get for free here. Apparently they draw good tv numbers. Not cfl numbers but more than nhl mls pWHL and some other leagues they say. On average. It’s about 650k ish, not bad. But not overly good but with tv and streaming loving live events and sports, they prob stick around longer than ppl think. Aew wrestling draws about that on average maybe less and WBD were happy over 500k. I think 500k viewers is the breaking point. Get below that and you prob won’t last long. UFL at 650k prob means they last a while. Most teams draw 15k but ppl in the markets are watching on tv. Ppl don’t go to games but they watch. It’s interesting. It’s like a league of Toronto where they draw lots of viewers on tv but they don’t go to the games. Perhaps the stigma of being associated with minor league football plays a role. They aren’t pretending to be the nfl tho.
  6. His lack of any sort of stat line outside of 1 game tho means he gets cut by other teams. Korn is just a joke. With that said Ticats picked up Kolo so maybe someone does give schmek a shot. Korn tho is cut. As for Covington, he was cut early so tells me he’s not good. I think he’s washed up. Never lived up to the hype really. Don’t think it changes at his age
  7. Korn and Schmek both get cut on other teams.
  8. Nield is significantly better than Wolitarsky. Like I get the love for Drew but no. Drew was a product of the o system he was put in because when they let him go he went on to do absolutely nothing where Nield has had success with Toronto and Sask now.
  9. Agreed. But year 2 for Vaval and apparently he’s big on film and learning so maybe he is the best option. I’d imagine they keep another guy around tho cuz ya smart thing to do is keep him fresh. But maybe that other guy is a returner also. There’s options. I don’t recall us rostering extra American DBs last year tho. 420 linebackers tho. I think you may see something similar again cuz JSK Wilson woodsy jones Kramdi Shay smith Novak etc etc etc makes me think 420 linebackers again but maybe Kramdi and a guy like smith could by hybrid DB types.
  10. Anyone know what happened to JSK. I saw he hurt his knee a few days ago and needed help off but no updates since really. And I’d imagine moxie at one corner and likely Vaval at the other is the plan so maybe there’s a spot open in the DB field but I’d assume as backup cuz moxie Nichols holm Vaval makes sense to me so prob looking for a dude who is a bit more versatile. Maybe can play corner and half and teams.
  11. I get that honestly and actually kinda feel that way myself. My first reaction was confidence is nice but dude might be in for a bit of a surprise. I’m not sure he actually understands the talent level in the CFL. By all means I hope he dominates and takes the other end spot and doesn’t look back and we got ourselves a stud ratio breaker on the DL. I mean I hope he dominates but something tells me he won’t immediately.
  12. Some releases. Tait was high on McGhee and some of you were high on Banks The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following roster moves. Released from roster: American defensive back Michael Dixon American defensive back Jordan Taylor American defensive back Alijah McGhee American defensive lineman Eric Black American linebacker Aaron Smith American receiver Jahmal Banks American offensive lineman Joe More American offensive lineman Tariq Stewart
  13. Time to send Helle home.
  14. Yes. Agreed about younger. He’s a very vet loving coach for sure. Hall seemed more open to playing younger guys. I agree that I don’t think Osh is making o and D decisions either, teams? For sure. Canadians? Agreed with the last few spots he decides who but it’s likely a collaboration effort from top to bottom in general. Seems we got a few spots open on D tho so will be interesting to see who takes them. LB will be interesting also cuz how do you keep jsk jones Woodbey Wilson all on the active roster. You just don’t.
  15. I think if you played any sort of competitive sport you understand the coaches certainly have their favourites who can do no wrong and pretty much can get away with mistakes every game cuz hey coaches kid really or rich guys kid who paying for the jerseys. That applies in pro sports also and not just football, hockey coaches love their vets and Gud glue guys also. Ppl say Kolo and the marine and guys like that, most hockey teams have bums like that also, Matt Hendrix was a jet at one point cuz he was a good room guy apparently. Osh plays favorites for sure and when final cuts are made and it’s basically last years roster plus free agent signings, you will see. But sports are filled with alpha types who maybe don’t always get along so maybe you need those “Gud vets” around. The problem is having 2 many “Gud” vets. Having 1 Jake Thomas is ok. Having more than 1 probably isn’t ideal roster optimization. Pretty famous football movie called Rudy based on true story shows you that sometimes working hard and doing whatever it takes doesn’t matter. In the end it took the players offering to not play for Rudy to play. Yes dude was small but all heart there. He never really got a fair chance did he. Lots of guys don’t in pro sports.
  16. It’s not a terrible idea.
  17. I dunno how you honour Nichols. Not sure he deserves the ring of honour honestly. He doesn’t as he was a game manager with most of his big yards coming in the final few moments. He deserves recognition but how, I’m not sure.
  18. I’m thinking yes. Had to have.
  19. It’s year 2. I think Kramdi started taking reps year 2. Osh a bit Sean McVay there with not giving drafted rookies reps year 1. Nuer might change that.
  20. You are playing the stupid what if game, but Perfetti was rated in the top 10. Jarvis was not. What if instead of the leafs winning the lottery we do and draft Matthews. I mean really. We didn’t draft Jarvis. We took the better prospect at the time. Jarvis would be playing with 55 and Connor. Vilardi wouldn’t be here. Dubois wouldn’t have been traded to LA. Our second line would be nobody at all. Ehlers wasn’t the damn difference for us just like he isn’t for a stacked Carolina team who has been a top team for years now. Stankhoven and Blake are. Slavin is. Anderson is. I mean to pretend 1 guy is the reason is just it’s the stupidest **** ever man. Carolina is a 4 line team. Ehlers was playing 3rd line for a long while this year. Honestly. Should have drafted kaprizov 2 right with your crystal ball of knowledge cuz he was taken in the 5th round even. Honestly. Pretending Jarvis was the better prospect is hilarious. Put Jarvis with Toews and Nyquist and you calling him out like a hypocrite also.
  21. Former bomber news but sorta related to current so with Gats coming up now maybe Jamaal can show him a thing or 2. very cool on the bombers part here 3DownNationFormer All-CFL player Jamaal Westerman guest coaching wit...The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have brought in Jamaal Westerman as a guest coach for this year’s training camp at Princess Auto Stadium. The 41-year-old played three seasons with the team, earning an All-C
  22. Britton the only one on there really worth mentioning. what’s the story with jaworski tho. Osh was asked about him and hinted maybe he’s not actually retired. Britton? He might be for real tho as he was all last year also pretty much.
  23. Jarvis was never a jet. If the jets picked him he wouldn’t be playing with Sebastian Aho and Ehlers and the jets were 7 wins from a cup in 2018.
  24. Any releases yet? And I guess humour is subjective cuz that wasn’t overly funny. More kinda stupid and a waste of time kinda like attending camp so it all makes sense. There’s been plenty of years we all pick a dude and declare him the man then he gets cut first time he can. It is what it is. Who cares. Football is back. I’d love to see a surprise early release of a lb but that’s not gonna happen.
  25. Wonder what Vince McMahon thinks. I was expecting a post from him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.