Everything posted by bearpants
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Wow, that's incredibly late... why wait til 2 months after the season ends to do this (basically 3 months for the Argos)...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
While I agree with your analysis, Best and Labatte are critical to the Rider NI depth... you have actually gone on to agree with JPan on both fronts... see the part I bolded...
-
Game Day Chat Room
I don't use it for 2 reasons: 1) home games I'm there and road games I prefer to not have my phone out while watching... 2) I usually go on a message board moratorium for a few days after a game (win or lose) to prevent drunk/emotional posting... But I have used it a few times and I can see how it's a fun tool to use during the games...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
I'd have to agree with you on all fronts... but I hope they bring in an experienced Canadian O-lineman... and I'd be ok if that was Keeping...
- CFL Free Agents/Coaches
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Not sure if was posted anywhere yet... Hurb Zurkowsky reporting that the Als have officially added Joe Mack as their AGM... probably not the worst choice... he had a decent track record of bringing in imports...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
which seems about right... I am already losing track of days here, who was signed first, Nichols or Durant? And did we get any numbers on Durant's contract??
-
Game 48 : Alexander @ The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Team
I think it's safe to say this is a little premature... beating the worst team in the league with 6 goals for... If Pavelec stands on his head, helps turn the season around and leads the team to the playoffs... then you'll certainly have an argument...
-
Blue Jays
wasn't he asking for (unconfirmed) 4 years @ $25M per year mid way through last year... this signing makes sense... that's the market price for a slugger and they aren't locked in after this year if his play drops significantly...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
yeah... I trust the guy that was beat up and thrown in his locker in high school for sports analysis...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
best group of QBs I've ever seen .... who's the guy beside Elliott? looks like he's wearing #16...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
If the (Detroit) Lions don't want Matt anymore... I'd be more than happy to see him in the CFL with the Bombers
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I think you missed the joke...
-
Advise the CFL
This will never work ....
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Yeah, I didn't include the Canadians... which is a whole new conversation... Will Richards finally emerge as a decent options?... will we draft a game ready WR in the first round (unlikely he would be ready from day 1)?... will Kohlert and JFG be back... also, I forgot about Gerrard Sheppard...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Adams, Stafford, Dressler, Smith... probably no Gurley and Denmark will be fighting for a job.... hopefully McDuffie will be in the mix too... should be interesting...
-
US Politics
That's the biggest problem... As Rickey Gervais once said (I assume he's not the first person to say this but I'll quote him anyways b/c that's the source I know) "You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts"
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Breaking News: Al's acquire rights to Darian Durant http://www.cfl.ca/2017/01/13/riders-deal-durants-rights-alouettes/
-
US Politics
thanks for the reply... I should've clarified by "legitimate" I mean reliably accurate and credible... doesn't matter what side it comes from, I just want my news to be accurate and credible... seems hard to find these days...
-
December 8th Is Not A Great Day.
Sorry to start up a month old thread again... but since you mentioned a couple prominent musicians killed/died on Dec 8... I'll assume you're not a metal fan... otherwise you would've included legendary Pantera/Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell (Abbott) who was also shot and killed by a crazed fan on Dec 8, 2004... he was only 38 years old...
-
US Politics
I think the troubling part is when this story came out most reactions were "yeah, I could see Trump doing that"... whether true or not... certainly the previous few presidents would have been given the benefit of the doubt (well maybe Bill would be into that kind of stuff too )... It seems so hard these days to trust any news source... I used to rely on sources like the NYT and the Wash Post... what's the most legitimate news source in Canada these days??? National Post?? You literally have to read everything with a grain of salt now...
-
Making Odds at the QB Raffle
That's an interesting question... but I think he showed enough that he'll be able to float around for a least a few years in a back-up role... he'd probably be better off working his way up to starter from there...
-
Game 43 : Catching Fire @ The Fault In Our Stars
Going to my first game of the season tonight... so, of course I won't get to see Laine play!
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
You've actually disproved your point within your own post... You're right, Kyle Walters does have a specific QB budget: $X for starter, $Y for the back up and $Z for the third stringer (obviously there's some fluidity to these numbers)... they couldn't get Glenn signed for $Y so they will try to use that money on a different back-up (or split it between Davis and a new 3rd or something, I'm not a GM)... but either way it has no affect on $X budgeted for the starter... Also, this release doesn't necessarily close the door on Kevin coming back... he may test the market and if there isn't anything else better out there he gives Kyle a call to renegotiate....
-
US Politics
You might have the wrong J.... Joe Kennedy was the man behind the Mob connections (If I'm to believe everything I've read and seen, and I have no reason not to...)