Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the watcher

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the watcher

  1. We have no idea if this was a one off mistake for Kenny Lawler or if he indeed suffers from AUD and needs help. I will also point out that in all likelihood 1 in 8 (or probably more because we are mostly male) on this forum will have AUD . I feel bad for the guy. From such a high point to such a low. Life is about to get ugly for him for a while. I wish him all the best.
  2. Maybe he will stop off and go surfing with Trudeau in Tofino.
  3. It's not selfish at all. It's why we all try to follow the good Dr's rules. So we can do those things and keep as many people healthy as we can.
  4. One of the worst tax dodges is that big corporations are allowed to move money out of the country where it was generated and into countries that have little to no tax . They are then allowed to bring it back into the original country because the taxes are paid even though those taxes were a fraction of a percent or even 0 percent. Even the G8 were trying to close that loop hole. I don't believe they did though.
  5. Touchdown Bailey !
  6. Touchdown Lawler !
  7. Woo hoo! We made a field goal !
  8. Nice catch Woli.
  9. Are you trying to tell me they actually pay him! Get serious !
  10. So close but no cigar ....or touchdown
  11. And those that you can't drive with a stick and aren't worth the feed you put in them so you just .....never mind I don't go there.
  12. I was kind of the same. I thought they had " grown up " since my youth when I worked in the area. Apparently I was wrong.
  13. I don't think they will face it. I have an acquatence who had Covid. Her daughter's got it. Their children got it. She ended up in Boundary Trails hospital. She got worse. She was airlifted to ICU in Brandon. But she got lucky , survived and got to come home. Now here is the shocking part. She denies she had Covid . She says she just had bad pneumonia. I think all the sweet talk, rationalization, coercing, rules, shutdowns, sickness and death.........will never sway that core group in Stanley.
  14. Thats because alot of the district is being dragged down by extremely low numbers in particular areas. The problem is Stanley in particular and Winkler somewhat will not get vaccinated , EVER. No matter what. This isn't a temporary shutdown. There is no way it is right to shutdown Portage or even Morden ( which is surrounded by Stanley ) permanently when they are not the problem. It would be about the same as shutting down Winnipeg because Winkler isn't vaxed. They are separate Cities that happen to be in the same district. I'm pretty sure no one from Portage is traveling to Winkler. Hit the problem areas within the district might work. But whatever is done it can't be geared to asking/ forcing/convincing/ getting those idiots to get vaxed. It's not going to happen. It's damn frustrating
  15. Thats what I said.
  16. On shutting down Southern Health : It would make way more sense to shutdown the problem areas. You shut down Stanley RM and Winkler. And any other RM that is really lagging. It's no harder than shutting down a complete health district. You could do if by vaccination rate. Any City or RM below a particular rate.There are entire RMs/towns/ Cities with good vaccination rates that have little to no contact with Winkler/ Stanley. If you have 1 poorly vaxed reserve in the North it shouldn't be right to shut down the entire Northern health district. Or to shut down Winnipeg health if say the North end had poor rates.
  17. I'm not sure where this belongs but does anyone know what happened to Geoff Currier ? Is he gone from CJOB or have I just happened to miss him ?
  18. I don't know how hospital staff have managed to deal with this for so long. Bloody hero's they are.
  19. Remember Ummagammum ? With the longest song title ever - "Several species of small furry animals gathered togeather in a cave and grooving with a Pict " Losing Syd ( from the band ) definatly impacted the band and it's music and was an inspiration for multiple songs.
  20. Kids ! Top albums from my youth : Pink Floyd - Wish you were here Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon Queen - Night at the opera Super Tramp -Crime of the century Nazareth- Hair of the dog Yup, I'm that old 😁
  21. Damn it! They stole the audit too !
  22. This is a pretty good article from the Guardian on Ivermectin. It covers the questionable studies, the spread of misinformation on it and the spread of its use especially in South America. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/24/ivermectin-covid-peru-misinformation
  23. Just when you think its all going down the drain, the youth of today step up and show how bright, innovative and ambitious they really are. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/24/absolutely-madness-melbourne-teenagers-reveal-they-are-behind-leading-covid-tracking-website
  24. Back to the " good old days " ????
  25. This is true. A "real " libertarian should be pro women's choice ( and rights ), pro LGBQT rights, and support many other issues that progressives support. Unfortunately most Libertarians support only the individual rights that they are effected by and the rest don't count.So in reality most self proclaimed Libertarians are just far right. I use to tell my son in-laws if you walk far enough left you might meet the right. Doesn't always work out though

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.