Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Labor Day Classic GDT
Hi Tom. Hope you’re well. Just so you know, you can call a good game two weeks in a row (we’d actually appreciate it). Thanks, Everyone in Winnipeg.
-
Labor Day Classic GDT
Woodbey can **** right off with that effort.
-
Labor Day Classic GDT
Nield off to a fine start I see.
-
2026 Labour Day Classic Thread
Texada played well last week. Hopefully Nichols can find his fans down the stretch.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
Yes .. what folks are saying on social media is really something O'Shea should pay attention to.
-
Aug 28 vs Montreal
Hah .. I prefer: insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Maybe our coordinators won't crap their pants in the second half this week? Maybe?
-
Aug 28 vs Montreal
Not that I was really expecting any changes but ... one can always hope. In all seriousness though our Secondary is going to be in a world of hurt if Nichols can't go and we have any sort of injury issues in game. As is .. it's pretty gross.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
So .. already in field goal range and Younger has DBs 10 yards deep off the snap of the ball. Missed tackle or not, he’s conceding an easier kick.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Doug is pressing Zach pretty good on the post game too.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
DB should never have been playing 10 yards off the ball to begin with in that situation .. that’s on Younger.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Another collapse. What a ******* clown show.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
I mean .. I feel that’s all Edmonton has done since the half. Win on first down, get Winnipeg behind the sticks and then send pressure on second.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Has EDM really not been flagged tonight?
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Nice arm punt Zach
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
No. 5 or 6 straight 2 and outs.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Kelly has zero ball awareness.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
I don’t know why we went away from what worked in the first half. This passive **** is letting Edmonton right back into this game.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Not enough LBs on the roster tonight.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Apparently we blew our wad in the first quarter and a half.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Offense has to wake up here and put together a drive because Edmonton has all the momentum right now.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
Holm with the punch out.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
What the actual ****. 50 took multiple steps after the ball was gone.
-
Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT
If that’s not RTP I don’t know what is.
-
2026 Bombers Season
Please don't mistake the competitive remark for me accepting being "good enough" or "also rans" as I completely agree that we should strive for excellence in every facet of the organization. I'm simply saying that running roughshod over the league isn't realistic but do expect that we legitimately have a chance to be in and win a championship each year. I expect that as a team we are executing at a high level, that players are put in position to succeed and that win or lose, we can't doubt the quality of the product or the effort.
-
2026 Bombers Season
How is that relevant to the question of whether or not we've been successful? It isn't. At the end of the day, you can only measure success by looking back. Do I think Walters and O'Shea should have been extended for three years? That's a completely different question and my answer would be no (but neither O'Shea nor Walters would have signed short term deals either). I made it very clear that I'm not happy with the makeup or direction of the team but I won't downplay what we've accomplished over a the last decade either. Despite the trend of these last couple of years, and because of what they've accomplished, they earned their contracts. Things I'm not happy about: Before Biggie really started showing his age I was arguing that, as an organization, we needed to do a better job of finding "the next one". I said that we needed to identify players who could push guys, learn and carry on the culture of accountability that had taken root here - we haven't done that. I also believe we've done a terrible job of drafting these last number of years and have (historically) done a shitty job of pushing / moving on from incumbents (and that's only gotten worse). We've built a roster that is inflexible and are hamstrung by how and where we've chosen to allocate money. There was a time we looked to use every rule and every situation to our advantage, now we are overly conservative. We play not to lose. This is a team and organization (not the business side of things but football operations for sure) that's complacent. One of the things that allowed us to turn this organization around was the fact that each of Miller, Walters and O'Shea allowed the other to do what they were hired to do and didn't assert themselves over another when it wasn't warranted (at least that was the perception from the outside looking in). We've all seen what happens when you have too many cooks in the kitchen - it's simply a breeding ground for dysfunction. With that said, real conversations need to be had with everyone about what success looks like moving forward and, if we don't achieve those goals, there needs to be some accountability. That might hurt in the short term but we should be better for it long term. The Blue Bombers don't need to be a juggernaut but we do need to be competitive, exciting and fun to watch.