Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JohnnyAbonny

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by JohnnyAbonny

  1. I don’t know, I really think they could use another 5”8 guy who runs crossers.
  2. That’s a huge part of it for sure. Underperforming vets don’t ever get benched here, even just for a game. There was one spot at corner and one at DE designated up for grabs in camp, the rest of the roster was predetermined. We had guys making plays at LB in camp/preseason and cut them to stick with declining Wilson and mediocre Jones. The club treats most of the roster as lifetime appointments and it’s biting them big time.
  3. Yeah I don’t have a lot of confidence moving forward this year. Obviously hope I’m dead wrong. It just doesn’t seem like we have the talent to get it done. Whether it’s poor roster management, scouting, who we choose to keep coming out of camps or a combination of these, this team is simply not good enough. Holes at nearly every positional group. PR is a mess. The days of the NFL cut airlift are long past. There’s no quick fix really.
  4. Montreal went for a nap and now it’s actually a game
  5. Agreed, nobody plays nasty on the field anymore. Desarlais was good for that. Andrew had that attitude. Yoshi. DA. Westerman was another, though before the GC years. I don’t think we have anybody like that on the roster right now. Possibly Reese but it’s too early to tell.
  6. Out-scouted big time. Who was the last impact player we brought in via the neg list? Pokey, and to a lesser extent Woodbey and Cam Allen are the best players brought in by our American scouts in a 4 year period. That’s simply not even close to good enough. Right now, I’d say we have the worst scouting department in the league.
  7. Yeah he’s never had the quick release. He’s always been a scramble/sling type of QB for better or worse. Not a knock per se, that’s just been his style.
  8. 1. 2 missed FG’s and lost by 5. 2. Not being ready to play in the first half coming off a bye week is inexcusable. 3. The left side sucks in pass protection.
  9. How the **** is that not RTP?
  10. Daniels was beyond useless on that play. Didn’t even make contact.
  11. Am I the only one who saw holding on that punt return. Edmonton #32, directly in front of the play
  12. May as well put Zach in that Kids Help Phone commercial
  13. He’s the only coach I’ve ever heard in any sport say “We could get blasted in this one” during a pregame conference.
  14. Even though it’s only 10, I have zero faith in the D being able to go 2 series without giving up points.
  15. Holy **** a Bomber came down and broke up a pass.
  16. I know he’s done well here but how long is too long to use a DI spot on a kicker? We could have a Canadian missing these kicks.
  17. Perkins is just the SY QB, and a pretty good one so far. I don’t think he’d be able to do much in a case of Zach going down.
  18. The new Stamps uniforms really are awful. Weird number font. “CGY” plastered all over. Mono colour PJ look.
  19. I’d have to agree. Alexander strikes me as a bit of a knob, but I’ll still pull for him over a garbage human like Chad Kelly.
  20. If Eli’s body can handle every down then yeah. His knee has given him a lot of trouble over the years no? Honestly I like Elsbury there for pass pro though. Line hasn’t looked this good pass blocking since Gossen and Couture were around. I’d love the roster benefits like you said for sure, and I like Eli too. I just don’t know if you make any oline moves when the throwing game looks like it’s clicking pretty good.
  21. Just daydreaming but Smith in Kyries spot. Kramdi in Kelly’s spot. Cam Allen at FS. One of Hallett/Kelly/Bouliane comes off roster. Give Shay some reps at wil and mac too and at least see what he can do, for a guy so highly touted he barely sees the field. Wilson ain’t it at this point in his career and if the D can’t function without Kramdi on the field every play then the whole operation needs to be gutted quite honestly. Tony Jones needs to be replaced sooner or later too but short of a trade, that’s an offseason project.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.