Everything posted by Colin Unger
-
Bomber Moves 2018
I doubt it. Only Hamilton signs big name players to ride the bench.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
And much better than Lobendahn!
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Great news. I feel bad for the linebackers who signed here to compete for the middle linebacker spot but I’ll get over it
-
Training Camp 2018
There are too many options... I have fonder memories of Reggie Slack than Kerwin Bell. Kerwin's more identifiable as the Argo's QB who sacked himself in front of Juran Bolden and got a penalty for it
-
Training Camp 2018
He's like the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of quarterbacks
-
Training Camp 2018
Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 30m30 minutes ago Watching #Bombers QBs Chris Streveler and Alex Ross during Day 1 of rookie camp this afternoon... different skill sets, but both look like capable pros. They’ll battle for No. 2 behind Nichols. I’m lead to believe Winnipeg will not pursue another veteran option. – at Winnipeg Football Club
-
Training Camp 2018
Then what do we call the 105 yard last second touchdown pass? The Milt?? Poor Glenn never gets the credit he deserves!
-
Training Camp 2018
He looks like Mike Reilly to me...
-
Training Camp 2018
Yeah.. If anyone can come out of college and succeed their first year its Chris Streveler. The type of offense he was at the helm of looks eerily similar to what most CFL teams run (see video below if you disagree). If he can pick up the nuances (extra player on the field, forward motion)I think he will be fine. He also has nerves of steel and is exceptionally calm and confident in the shotgun. Hopefully, we don't have to find out though because Matt Nichols has been pretty healthy and doesn't take a lot of shots due to the style of offense we run and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
More Canadian depth at runningback can’t hurt. With our depth at Canadian receiver being pretty raw we might see LeFrance/Harris on the field at the same time with one being more of a slotback. So having more Canadian depth on the roster at runningback may be essential. It’s not a bad idea to for the team to give itself options.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
There’s also Drew Tate. Don’t see Calgary signing both.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I agree. I’d bring him in to compete with Ross for the 2nd string job. I’m sold on Streveler being on he roster not matter what.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
https://www.cfl.ca/2018/05/15/argos-release-quarterback-jeff-mathews/ Welp theres a qb with several years of cfl experience available.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Yeah. On the bright side I’d like to remind us of our record on supplemental draft choices.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Darren Bauming has tweeted that he has been told the bombers can only use their original pick.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
https://ibb.co/jhD2Dy Here is what the CFL bylaws say about the supplemental draft. Nowhere does it say that a pick you traded for can be or can not be used. Assumptions are dangerous but if it doesn't say it can't be used I would imagine that it can be used.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Seems like the kind of guy that would benefit us. Somebody who could potentially add depth this season (and in the future). Someone who could possibly start games if injuries dictated that.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
This is an area where the league needs to institute an injury settlement policy. In a case like this that it happens in the offseason there should be a settlement but it doesn't count against the cap.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
I think the issue is roster spots. After his injury they loaded up on receivers in the draft. Who do they cut when he comes back? Are we really going to carry more than 4 Canadian receivers on the roster? Im assuming Wolitarsky, Simonise, Petermann, and Demski on the roster. There's also Henry, Blaskco, Thera-Plamondon and Pierre to think about for dev roster and practice roster.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I could see Nichols playing until he's 35. Most proven vets in the CFL play a while.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Yeah we are probably about 70k short of being able to sign him at this point
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
At this point Maziel almost makes the most sense in Winnipeg. I think he could quickly turn into a guy who can start games in this league and we need a backup qb right now who could win us games. We aren't so concerned if he bounces back to the NFL in 2 years.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
The issue with Kapernick and the cfl is he made way too much money in the nfl to risk his body for 200k Canadian in the cfl.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Seems like the kind of size that can develop into a Sam linebacker down the road.
-
Back Up QB
Alex Ross will be the next mvp in this league. When a family member gets really involved in the message board only good things happen. It’s the Khari effect!