Who's idea was it to go to the navy blue colour in the first place?

On 2016-05-15 at 5:26 PM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I seem to recall that the "lightning logo" was the winning entry of a fan competition.

Yeah talk about cheap. Why pay for a new logo when we can get something for free.

On 2016-05-17 at 6:21 PM, iso_55 said:

I think #3 is the right answer. As I recall this was Cal Murphy's idea going into his final season as GM with the Bombers

Well it was not his choice to be his final season. Firing a guy who got us 3 cups in 6 appearance and never out of the playoffs in 13 years. Smart move.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

I remember thinking at the time we really needed some fresh new ideas. Someone younger. At the time, I loved the Reinebold hire. It seemed like exactly what we needed. Yikes.... 

Reinebold knew his football.  That wasn't debatable. He wasn't ready (and still isn't quite frankly) for a HC gig plus other responsibilities.   

14 hours ago, iso_55 said:

We got good real fast under Dave Ritchie then Lyle Bauer fired him. Like really, Lyle? How stupid were you??

Sometimes it's who you replace someone with that is your downfall.  The club under Ritchie was steadily regressing and was replaced with Daly.   

On 2016-05-23 at 4:27 PM, Noeller said:

I remember thinking at the time we really needed some fresh new ideas. Someone younger. At the time, I loved the Reinebold hire. It seemed like exactly what we needed. Yikes.... 

I was leaning towards the favorite candidate, our offensive co-coordinator at the time.  His name was Mike Kelly. Who knew? 

23 minutes ago, do or die said:

If it ain't broke....don't re-brand it.

It has never ceased to amaze me, how bloody long it took to:

a.  Identify the error

b.  Correct said error

Just 21 years, a whole fricken lost generation ... :angry: