Game 72 : Ducks @ Left Behind

The entire province is thrown into mayhem when thousands of Jets fans disappear without a trace -- all that remains are their clothes and belongings. Unmanned vehicles crash and planes fall from the sky, overwhelming emergency forces and causing massive gridlock, riots and chaos. Coach Paul Maurice struggles to get the team ready for their next game without assistant coaches, while his wife races to find her children, both of whom have disappeared.

Starring

Nic Cage as Paul Maurice

Chase De Leo as the "Lion"

and

Kyle Connor as the Messiah

Game Time 2PM

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Glad we didn't disrupt the tank by accidentally scoring in the OT period.  That second goal was a classic example of why I want Enstrom off this team.  Silfverberg just skates up to Enstrom and takes the puck off of his stick like he's taking candy from a baby.  Not acceptable.

Solid effort. Maurice trying to lose early in OT putting stafford out with Burmi.  

Fun game to be at actually. 

Hutch and Gibson both pretty good. 

Thought petan played well. Thought De Leo was good also. Wheeler off the post again. Scheif and Wheeler are dominant together. Without Ehlers tho tge other guys can't keep up. Perreault was solid and his injury looked pretty bad live. Def hit his head or top of back on the ice or boards. Just fell by himself 

Edited by Goalie

Thought besides his goal... he struggled. Especially in his own zone. He'd make a nice pass one shift but the next... look lost. I think he was just ok. Not good. Not bad. But more bad than good that's for sure. Could be Chiarot isn't good either tho.  

Chiarot is just lazy or dumb at times.... stuck in own zone for several minutes... finally chance to clear .  Chiarot takes tthe puck and ices it when if he just took a couple more strides he's at center ice. Thorburn does thar lots 2 tho so who knows.  

Thought the penalties the jets took were weak and thought the Anaheim D man blatantly held Scheif preventing a jets scoring chance. Few moments later... Ducks score the winner 

Edited by Goalie

Petan seems to have learned to not over-handle the puck as much and uses his linemates more.....

Kosmo has gotten better every game...not saying he should stay up when everyone is healthy but he is progressing up here.

I would leave De Leo up for a few more games and take a really good look at him.

These players are learning how to play with the big boys and the experience is invaluable.

Kosmo, Lipon, De Leo and Morrissey (missing anyone?) have all had a taste of being on an NHL team and being around vets and traveling by plane and it should be extra incentive to them to try even harder to make the big team this fall.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Kosmo has gotten better every game...not saying he should stay up when everyone is healthy but he is progressing up here.

What you are seeing is the value of giving a player time in the minors.

Kosmachuk is playing a really simple game right now.  He gets the puck.  He gets his head up quickly.  He surveys the ice quickly.  He makes a decision quickly.  He makes an accurate pass.  He gets on his horse.  The only thing complicated about what he's doing is the speed he's doing it at, and all that is about the reps he's gotten with the Moose and the time he's been allowed to slowly build in his progression to this moment.  It's probably also given him the confidence to try and thread the needle with passes that have gone thru some pretty tight spaces - confidence that many players in his position would have ignored and gone with a safer play instead.

I don't get to watch every minute of every game, but of the parts I've seen, Kosmachuk has pushed play forward while being largely mistake free.  He's impressed me so far.