Boycott Beyonce

The Unknown Poster

On ‎2016‎/‎02‎/‎12 at 9:04 PM, Blueballz said:

Not a lot of sense but some. 

I mean can "white" people honestly say they suffer 'racism'? That in itself is laughable. After that I drowned most of it out...

In Canada I don't believe anyone really suffers from any sort of racism.    This is probably the most accepting country in the world in my opinion.

Sure each color in the rainbow has some bad apples that hate each other,  for the most part you can safely go to almost any place no matter what you look like.

The only places in Canada that I've witnessed true racism in a whole community would be going to certain reserves where the natives are insane and will chase out any white people no matter who they are.     So yes "Caucasian" people can experience racism even in Manitoba.   

Also they can experience exclusion as certain federal jobs are posted only for visible minorities and/or natives.   So I wouldn't go around making it seem like any race are excluded from being shamed/hated on. 

54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In Canada I don't believe anyone really suffers from any sort of racism.    This is probably the most accepting country in the world in my opinion.

Sure each color in the rainbow has some bad apples that hate each other,  for the most part you can safely go to almost any place no matter what you look like.

The only places in Canada that I've witnessed true racism in a whole community would be going to certain reserves where the natives are insane and will chase out any white people no matter who they are.     So yes "Caucasian" people can experience racism even in Manitoba.   

Also they can experience exclusion as certain federal jobs are posted only for visible minorities and/or natives.   So I wouldn't go around making it seem like any race are excluded from being shamed/hated on. 

I have aboriginal siblings.  Believe me, there is racism here.  And in fact, its the large population of Aboriginals that leads to racism against whites too.  Sometimes in the fight for equality, people pursue better-than.  Its understandable, but still...  Our very own Eric Robinson was caught referring to "do-good white people" and refusing to apologize for it (sincerely at least) and even claimed he was allowed to be racist because he had been a victim of racism.  The fact the remark was originally scrubbed from a Freedom request indicates it was quite clearly a negative remark.  Only the incompetence of the person responsible for the redacting led to it being revealed. 

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Brandon said:

I've been to many reserves, which have you been to? If you care to enlighten me and tell me what instances these "crazy natives" (Indigenous btw) chased white people off the reserve, I'd love to hear.

Caucasians do experience occassional racism but it pales in comparison that it is no where close to even being the same.

So much so that there was some truth to the Maclean's article calling us the most racist city. Examples of it just reinforced that it is a problem and the mayor wouldn't deny that it is a problem.

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you can truthfully say it's the same thing.

Because, sad truth is, it's not...

That being said until all people acknowledge there is a problem and work together to fix it, no progress will ever be made and this "divide" will continue to exist.

Lol Blueballz....   go to Moose Lake, Shamattawa or Pukatawagan.   Lots of dangerous ones in Saskatchewan that can be driven to to that I've heard horror stories from.  

I've been to very friendly reserves as well,  I didn't say they are all dangerous.     I've had nothing but good experiences at Peguis , Cross Lake, Opaskwayak,  Nisichawayasihk and Norway House.

I have yet myself gone to any place in Canada where the locals have chased away or threaten to kill/beat up any one for what color they are.  

Also I need not walk a mile in anyones shoe,   I am mixed origins and blend in very well at the reserves.   

If you're saying racism is the greatest issue that natives are dealing with....   I would kindly disagree and suggest a whole pile of other issues are much higher on the list.   

On 2/16/2016 at 7:33 AM, Brandon said:

In Canada I don't believe anyone really suffers from any sort of racism.   This is probably the most accepting country in the world in my opinion.

I remember my dad telling me, when I was a teenager, that he wouldn't disown me if I married a native woman.  (hypothetically speaking, there was no actual native girlfriend in the picture for me at that point)

Which was a nice well-intentioned gesture and all, but it says a lot that he felt like he needed to say it at all.

This was quite a few years ago, but have things gotten better?

Re: white people racism, sure, whites can be discriminated against.  But for the most part me and other white people don't have to worry about that kind of ****.  This, to me, is the difference between discrimination and racism.  It's racism if you're conscious of it all the time, if it dictates your behavior in everyday life.  Less "I'll get beaten up if I visit these reservations," and more "The cops are paying extra special attention to me whenever I walk down the street where I live."

For instance, once I was walking with a black friend through Seattle. I went to cross against the light and he stopped me even though the intersection was completely free of traffic.  "I can't cross against the light because cops are just looking for an excuse," he told me. He was also super anxious about anyone about ever holding any kind of illegal substance when we were driving around together because black people are way more likely to be pulled over than white people, and him being in a car with any kind of dope probably meant he would be arrested, even if he wasn't the holder.

Edited by johnzo

I was not aware that Seattle was in Canada?   I never said the States was not a racist country.  They have so many different groups of racists that you can find at least one place where each culture is not accepted.   You go to the more dangerous places like Oakland or Chicago and you are lucky to make it out alive if you're white.   You go to redneck central as anyone of color and the same thing.    Canada does not have places like this.   You get some mild hate in the Bible belt of Manitoba but it's far from not being able to walk down the street without being jumped and stabbed. 

My original point was Canada is a safe and accepting country.    Old school parents from all colors and backgrounds are more common to not wanting inter breeding.   I know lots of asians ,  africans,  europeans all which the parents frown upon their children dating someone from a different culture... this isn't anything new.   I'm going to assume your father wasn't part of some kind of group that hunts down natives.

I'm going to guess that many people under 40 have no issues at all with their children dating someone from a different background.  The younger generation in Canada are so much more accepting and in my opinion the country is moving in the right direction rather then what they did in the olden days.