Game 25 : Jets @ Avs

Game story so far...

-Hutch to start

After 1 period 2-0

Hutch loses stick and they choose not to ice the puck? 3-0

Ladd takes one off the leg and scores.

Iginla takes down Lowry.

Burmi to Wheels upstairs for shortie.

4-2. Are we leading the league in goals off our dmen?

Stafford deserves a goal.

Troubs saves his butt for another day.

Hutch is not an nhl starting goalie. Just awful his last 8 games now. Awful. Like would clear waivers awful. I think they could send him to the moose and maybe he should be. Guys a sieve. Jets actually played pretty good. Hutch just can't make a save when they need him too. I'll give him the benefit on the breakaway goal but the rest were weak ass goals

So what's the deal on Hutch,  was he really that bad or did the defense fail him?  

How can we lose twice in a row to the Avs ?  This team is definitely better then this,  what will it take to get these guys going?   Because Armia or whatever other Moose call up won't do the trick. 

You never know what armia could do with Ehlers and Burmi.

Hutch has been pretty awful since the all star break last year actually.

Just looks lost. No confidence. Big rebounds always. Fighting the puck big time. Always losing his stick too. He had a very good 20 games to start his career but since then he's been pretty bad. He needs to make a save or 2 at times like the other goalie did tonight. He didn't. 833 save percentage tonight. That's pretty Damn awful. The first goal... no chance. The others tho... especially the 4th goal against him.... Weak and a huge momentum killer to boot

He's a below average goalie like pav. With average goaltending we probably win thus game.

Not sure helle should have started but... he should next game for sure.

I couldn't agree more..... Helle has to start the next game and if he wins it, he should get the next start too.

We can't afford to lose games like this....especially when most teams around us in the standings that were playing tonight took home points.

Four wins for November...

Tough schedule coming up after TO... Chicago twice, St. Louis, Caps, Rangers with CBJ thrown in.

If we win only 2 of these games, we'll be hard pressed to make the playoffs.

So what's the deal on Hutch,  was he really that bad or did the defense fail him? 

I did not like the one goal scored on him when he did not have his stick. The blame is not on him so much but I think it was Stafford who had the puck and he should have just ice'd it instead of dumping it to center ice.

Other then that it was the usual puck of Stuart, breakaway, kind of game.

A goalie without his stick is severely limited. Playing one man short is probably better. One of the Jets, anyone, should have gone and got his stick. It's a no brainer.

Just like being the last man with the puck and you're tick-tacking around with the puck, and lose it, and they score.

Or coming up to centre ice and firing it so hard around the boards that it rings around the boards with no chance of a line change or to gain possession.

In the 1st half of the game, the Jets weren't in it, and they paid the price. Very much Bomber-like.

The Jets were very in it, they had plenty of chances to score, but when you get scored on on your first shot against, yeah that would kill the momentum big time. 

Hutch had a bad game, he's had about 8 or 10 of them in a row now that are bad... You need your goalie to make a damn save at some point in time, keep you in it, not sure how anyone could defend Hutch's play the last little while, he hasn't been good. If this was community club hockey, sure, but it's not, It's the Pro's and he hasn't been playing like a professional goalie for a while now.

Yeah Pardy messed up on the one and yeah one went off stuart but... 1st shot second a goal, first shot 3rd a goal... I don't know how anyone defends Hutch.

He was awful, plain and simple, end of story really. Not much more you can really say about how poor Hutch played. 

I'll just say this last thing, If Hutch played for the AVs last night? we would have won. 

It's really that simple, he was terrible, he was awful and he has been since the all star game last season.

The guy doesn't exactly inspire confidence either, always throwing his team mates under the bus... listen to him after the games he starts and they lose, what he says is unreal... we didn't play good, we didn't do this, we didn't do that... absolutely zero accountability for his own piss poor play. Your goalie is there to make a save, that's his only job actually, to make a damn save. Hutch hasn't been doing that for a long while. Just cuz he had 1 good game against Chicago a while back, doesn't change the fact that he's sucked since the all star break. 

This is Hutch's chance, right now, this is his chance, PAV is out until January or Feb... this is Hutch's chance to prove he is an NHL calibre starting goaltender... but right now, what he's showing is that.... he's not even a capable back-up. 

Pav is the better goalie this year and, arguably, last year too. He makes more saves when the team needs it. Hutchinson has really regressed. Pavs gives us average goaltending and Hutchisn't giving us that. We need above average goaltending.

I hope we see Helle against the Leafs.

Pav had one good stretch to end the season. He's a career below average goalie

Those three straight shut outs to end the season really impacted his numbers.

The shame is, he shows he's capable of above average play.  Just inconsistent.  The word was he had been working on his positioning or something and trying to getr better.  I thought he had been "ok" this season although his stats dont bear that out.  It will be interesting to see what the Jets do this year.  Do they cut Hutch and go with Pavs/Helle in what would seemingly be a transition season next year (transition from Pavs to Helle as starter), presuming Helle is the real deal?  Do they try and trade Pavs to someone wanting a veteran back up and go Helle/Hutch?