Whiskey of the Year

FrostyWinnipeg

When I was an 18 year old, I used to drink whiskey at parties. Got the cheapest I could find & brought some coca cola & that was good enough for me. Over the years, I got away from whiskey & was more into vodka & rum. I think I'll give that Crown Royal whiskey a shot. It's Manitoba so they deserve our support. Drink sensibly. If you drink, don't drive. 

I prefer my whiskey on the rocks. Rye however, I prefer with coke or yukon jack (now there's a mix that sneaks up on you). If I'm going to add mix to an expensive whiskey, I really see no point in drinking it.

That is a mix I'm gonna have to try.

I like my wiskey neat for the same reason.

Im a wisers deluxe kinda guy myself. I can drink that **** straight all day long, but ill mix it just so I dont get too smashed too quickly.

You should give Wisers Hopped a try, they've combined rye with a dark ale finish, really interesting combo.  Also highly recommend Wisers Small Batch as a heavy hitter, just make sure you're not too far from your bed when you're done, it's dangerous stuff. 

I can't let a whisky discussion go by without mention of my personal favourite rye whisky: the girlfriend's grandfather's home batch from the Sandy Lake area south of Riding Mountain. To this day, the best pure whisky I've ever had. Unfortunately in extreme limited supply these days.