September 1, 201313 yr Considering how badly we need O-Line help I hope we're considering going after this guy. I think Montreal have his rights and they might be willing to make a deal. If he wants to go where he is most sorely needed, Winnipeg might fit the bill.
September 1, 201313 yr And Phil Blake in Denver too if he shows up the Als will have Jourdain,Blake,Woodruff,Bomben,Barrette,Matte,Watkins. That's six quality inside guys, and we think Mack built our depth, please.
September 1, 201313 yr BC wouldn't give up his rights for all of King Midas' silver. Regardless of who owned his rights there is no chance they'd trade him.
September 1, 201313 yr I don't think King Midas would give up any of his silver anyways, his gold on the other hand... But I do agree that it is highly unlikely BC gives up the rights.
September 1, 201313 yr I agree. When we finished 6-12 last year we kept hearing from fans who said while our record was poor we had great Canadian talent because Mack drafted so well. Where??
September 1, 201313 yr Depth provides the opportunity to draft NIMPs that are NCAA juniors that you can wait on. That has been Mtl philosophy with their draft. It makes for a constant supply of o line in your system. So until you have any solid stable of NIMPs stop drafting guys that you have no idea when they will come free.
September 3, 201313 yr Has been signed by the Miami Dolphins http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9629473/miami-dolphins-add-danny-watkins-o-line
September 3, 201313 yr Depth provides the opportunity to draft NIMPs that are NCAA juniors that you can wait on. That has been Mtl philosophy with their draft. It makes for a constant supply of o line in your system. So until you have any solid stable of NIMPs stop drafting guys that you have no idea when they will come free. Except drafting NCAA juniors is now a thing of the past.
September 3, 201313 yr I agree. When we finished 6-12 last year we kept hearing from fans who said while our record was poor we had great Canadian talent because Mack drafted so well. Where?? To be fair, drafting guys who go to the NFL is a bit of a crapshoot. If Oakland didn't have such a horrible D line, and if Dezman Moses had a better camp, we'd be giddy over the prospects of a Bilukidi/Mulumba/Hall/Peach/Turner rotation. At least Mack had the bullets in the chamber to fire, even if some were off target.
September 3, 201313 yr I agree. When we finished 6-12 last year we kept hearing from fans who said while our record was poor we had great Canadian talent because Mack drafted so well. Where?? To be fair, drafting guys who go to the NFL is a bit of a crapshoot. If Oakland didn't have such a horrible D line, and if Dezman Moses had a better camp, we'd be giddy over the prospects of a Bilukidi/Mulumba/Hall/Peach/Turner rotation. At least Mack had the bullets in the chamber to fire, even if some were off target. I think this is more correct in what was said about draft picks. It is the fact that we were keeping picks rather than pimping them away for nothing. At least you have a chance to hit a target if you have arrows in your quiver.
September 3, 201313 yr I agree. When we finished 6-12 last year we kept hearing from fans who said while our record was poor we had great Canadian talent because Mack drafted so well. Where?? To be fair, drafting guys who go to the NFL is a bit of a crapshoot. If Oakland didn't have such a horrible D line, and if Dezman Moses had a better camp, we'd be giddy over the prospects of a Bilukidi/Mulumba/Hall/Peach/Turner rotation. At least Mack had the bullets in the chamber to fire, even if some were off target. I think this is more correct in what was said about draft picks. It is the fact that we were keeping picks rather than pimping them away for nothing. At least you have a chance to hit a target if you have arrows in your quiver. and to be fair to mack, his picks that are here, are contributing..muamba, etienne, stephan, swinson, woodson and watson (did mack draft watson, i thought so) while pencer may or may not contribute this season.. thats a decent average of picks playing and doing something.. even the te/fb we drafted made it into some games..
September 3, 201313 yr Maybe its just me, but I think our Canadian talent is better than it has been for most of the 2000s.
September 3, 201313 yr Maybe its just me, but I think our Canadian talent is better than it has been for most of the 2000s. Are we talking Junos or Bombers?
Considering how badly we need O-Line help I hope we're considering going after this guy. I think Montreal have his rights and they might be willing to make a deal. If he wants to go where he is most sorely needed, Winnipeg might fit the bill.