The Philadelphia Eagles release Canadian offensive lineman Danny Watkins

Guest J5V

Considering how badly we need O-Line help I hope we're considering going after this guy. I think Montreal have his rights and they might be willing to make a deal. If he wants to go where he is most sorely needed, Winnipeg might fit the bill.

Depth provides the opportunity to draft NIMPs that are NCAA juniors that you can wait on. That has been Mtl philosophy with their draft. It makes for a constant supply of o line in your system. So until you have any solid stable of NIMPs stop drafting guys that you have no idea when they will come free.

Depth provides the opportunity to draft NIMPs that are NCAA juniors that you can wait on. That has been Mtl philosophy with their draft. It makes for a constant supply of o line in your system. So until you have any solid stable of NIMPs stop drafting guys that you have no idea when they will come free.

Except drafting NCAA juniors is now a thing of the past.

I agree. When we finished 6-12 last year we kept hearing from fans who said while our record was poor we had great Canadian talent because Mack drafted so well. Where?? 

To be fair, drafting guys who go to the NFL is a bit of a crapshoot. If Oakland didn't have such a horrible D line, and if Dezman Moses had a better camp, we'd be giddy over the prospects of a Bilukidi/Mulumba/Hall/Peach/Turner rotation. At least Mack had the bullets in the chamber to fire, even if some were off target.

I agree. When we finished 6-12 last year we kept hearing from fans who said while our record was poor we had great Canadian talent because Mack drafted so well. Where?? 

To be fair, drafting guys who go to the NFL is a bit of a crapshoot. If Oakland didn't have such a horrible D line, and if Dezman Moses had a better camp, we'd be giddy over the prospects of a Bilukidi/Mulumba/Hall/Peach/Turner rotation. At least Mack had the bullets in the chamber to fire, even if some were off target.

I think this is more correct in what was said about draft picks.

It is the fact that we were keeping picks rather than pimping them away for nothing.

At least you have a chance to hit a target if you have arrows in your quiver.

I think this is more correct in what was said about draft picks.

It is the fact that we were keeping picks rather than pimping them away for nothing.

At least you have a chance to hit a target if you have arrows in your quiver.

and to be fair to mack, his picks that are here, are contributing..muamba, etienne, stephan, swinson, woodson and watson (did mack draft watson, i thought so) while pencer may or may not contribute this season.. thats a decent average of picks playing and doing something.. even the te/fb we drafted made it into some games..