Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Goalie

Manitoba Moose

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Vesa must have wanted to go home.  Can’t imagine the Jets think his development would be better with Jokerit.

Too bad; he seemed to be hitting his stride with the Moose.

If he does go hes an idiot... Fact is he needs to adjust to the smaller ice cuz he was 100 percent ineffective when he was with the big club.. His development is better off in the A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I wouldn't be so sure this is accurate... Nobody else has said it.. Love it.. Some random finnish dude tweets it... No confirmation by anyone at all ... 

Not a random Finnish dude, BTW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Not a random Finnish dude, BTW. 

Pretty random for sure tho. I know who he is but the fact the Jets have said nothing about it means more than a guy 15000000 miles north of here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

This confirms the report more than refutes it. The Jets are making this move to block him from going to Europe.

You think? They would rather sit him then him play? I dunno. Suggests to me perhaps a trade is coming or someone(Lemieux) going down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You think? They would rather sit him then him play? I dunno. Suggests to me perhaps a trade is coming or someone(Lemieux) going down

Yeah I think they would rather have him play but at this point he is a valuable player to the Jets this year, not just as a prospect. They will need him when there is inevitably an injury. So they don't want to lose him for the season.

The Jets were only carrying 22 players so it would have been an easy move to bring him up at any time since Kulikov got injured. The timing of the move relative to the news out of Europe makes me think there was some truth to it at least.

Now that he is back with the Jets I think he is closer to getting in the lineup than Lemieux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

The plot thickens. 

i had read that this past Saturday was the date he was able to execute his out clause which is why nothing was said officially and the jets recalled him. 

Maybe they couldn’t convince him to stay. 

I think they were buying time. I wonder if they were caught off guard by the news from Finland, hoping he had settled in? Then, upon reflecting, they've decided to let him go. 

Can't they get him back for the playoffs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much drama from a guy who has done nothing. He can return when the khl season is over late February but if that was me in charge, he would NOT be called up to the main roster. Gotta send this kid a message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think they were buying time. I wonder if they were caught off guard by the news from Finland, hoping he had settled in? Then, upon reflecting, they've decided to let him go. 

Can't they get him back for the playoffs? 

Why would they want him for the playoffs? Hes literally done nothing and going home to play on the bigger ice is not best for his development. If im the Jets its time to humble this kid and when hes back in Feb or next season with no out clause hes AHL bound all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goalie said:

So much drama from a guy who has done nothing. He can return when the khl season is over late February but if that was me in charge, he would NOT be called up to the main roster. Gotta send this kid a message

 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Why would they want him for the playoffs? Hes literally done nothing and going home to play on the bigger ice is not best for his development. If im the Jets its time to humble this kid and when hes back in Feb or next season with no out clause hes AHL bound all year. 

What drama? What sort of message? No one has complained and both agreed to the out deal. We're talking a 19 year old kid who can still go play at the WJC. If he we're from NA, he could go back to juniors. 

KHL is a fine place to develop. Not sure why you would want to "humble" a 19 year old kid who's going to play in the second best league in the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe he can go hang out with Toby in Sweden.  That should humble him.  :)

Anyway, it would be cool to see Vesa in the WJC this year playing for Finland.  Unfortunately not all kids follow the same career development path.  We've been a bit spoiled with Roslo and Connor working out so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...