TC Report Day 8

Bishop threw the ball deep and eventually someone caught it for a big play. Guy was a terrible qb I don't care how many ill gotten wins he had. 

Much more then Goltz, Elliott, Hall, Brink, Boltus, Dinwiddie had combined......

and yet mos of those qbs were better players than Bishop. 

Bishop threw the ball deep and eventually someone caught it for a big play. Guy was a terrible qb I don't care how many ill gotten wins he had.

Much more then Goltz, Elliott, Hall, Brink, Boltus, Dinwiddie had combined......

and yet mos of those qbs were better players than Bishop.

How so? Bishop did way more then those guys ever did. He had better stats and more wins how can you claim those guys are better?

Cause Bishop did one thing and one thing only. Pitch it deep and hope for a big play. Jyles was the same way and I'd take a bunch of those guys over Jyles too. I don't want a quarterbacks effectiveness to essentially come down to luck. But hey if throwing deep and hoping for the best is all you care about then by all means take a qb like Bishop. 

Cause Bishop did one thing and one thing only. Pitch it deep and hope for a big play. Jyles was the same way and I'd take a bunch of those guys over Jyles too. I don't want a quarterbacks effectiveness to essentially come down to luck. But hey if throwing deep and hoping for the best is all you care about then by all means take a qb like Bishop. 

Yeah but the other guys - Dinwiddie, Brink, Hall, etc. - couldn't even do that much.

Yeah but the other guys - Dinwiddie, Brink, Hall, etc. - couldn't even do that much.

They were much more accurate though. With a qb like Bishop you flat out need good defense and special teams to have a hope of winning cause you ain't going to get much TOP out of Bishop. Lucky for him when he was here that the secondary was actually pretty good and they had a good defensive line. 

And what exactly did all this either guys do? Float balls and skip them on the ground and never move the ball.

At least Bishop could give the receiver a chance to make the play.

Those other guys had no arm, not much brains and could only have good games once in a blue moon.