Leonard Nimoy Dies at 83

voodoochylde

Spock was a Patriots and Brady fan

Patriots !! Don't ever count Brady out. LLAP

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2015/02/even_spock_knew_believing_in_t.html

You had to say this didn't you?  You're ruining my memories of the man!

He was THE best Vulcan, and he had a great voice for doing narratives.  He will be missed.

I was going through the Steam library and decided to fire up Civilization IV over the weekend. I was quickly reminded that Nimoy did most of the voicework, reading quotes of famous leaders or pieces of scripture throughout the game.

It will be a very long time before this man fades from memory.

• 3 weeks later...

Only Shatner left.... From the main stars of Star Trek: TOS.

Mr. Sulu & Uhura disagree with you.

So does Chekov.

Iso, by "main stars" are you referring to just Shatner, Nimoy and Kelly?

Yes, the storylines with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 were based around those 3 & James Doohan. The others became stars as they were allgreat character actors. They never carried the show like the other 4.

Doohan would have been considered the star outside of the big three. But TOS was not an ensemble. Mr Shatner is the last of the stars. If the new writers have half a clue they will get him in Trek 3 while they still have the opportunity to do so.

Did you know that James Doohan did all kinds of alien voices for characters in Star Trek TOS? He was the voice of Sargon among others.

Check this entire episode out. It is a fan based Star Trek series trying to keep the spirit of the original Star Trek alive. it completedthe story on the original series where Kirk, McCoy, Scotty & Uhura were transported into an alternate universe where the United Federation Of Planets is an evil empire & their counterparts are savage & brutal. I have to say I was impressed. Give this a chance. I really enjoyed it. BTW, Scotty in this episode is played by James Doohan's son.

I generally regard fan films poorly and question why Pramount allows them. But there have been some recent efforts that are damn good. There were some that featured legit trek actors that I hated. Continues is very good though. I was amused at "Kirk" at first but he actor really brings the TOS Kirk to life.

Vic Magnogna sure does that. And he doesn't do it in a campy kind of way. It's done with respect. From what I've read, William Shatner approves of  this version of Kirk & has met Magnogna. I also like the fact that this story is now completed in the episode. As Trek Fans, I think we all wondered what kind of hell there was to going to be paid when the evil Kirk got back to his universe & his Enterprise. 

Vic played Kirk right?  But I think he recast the part. 

EDIT: Nope, Im thinking of a different fan series where the creator played Kirk and I really didnt like him and then he recast the part but I cant remember which series that is.  Vic is good.

Yeah, Vic Magnogna played Kirk. There are 3 episodes that have been filmed. I've briefly seen other Trek shows & Kirk was played by actors who just played the Kirk part. They didn't look, act or sound like the James T Kirk we all knew that Shatner played. So, because of that I could never watch any other versions until I came across the ones with Magnogna in them. They tried to stay true to the old tv series.