[Blue Bomber Talk] Grading, Analysing, and Re-Drafting the 2011 CFL Draft

Mike

There are 3,500 NFL draft-eligible players every year, only 350-400 of whom end up being drafted or signing down south as undrafted free agents. Taking into account the added number of players who are cut from NFL rosters every year, the pool of international players available to CFL general managers is extraordinarily deep. This means international players face high expectations immediately upon traveling north, often being forced into action just weeks after signing their first CFL contracts. Outside of the quarterback position, internationals get signed and cut on a regular basis, often without receiving much of a chance to develop.

http://bluebombertalk.blogspot.ca/2014/12/grading-analysing-and-re-drafting-2011.html

BomberJetsTalk has been generous enough to offer us permission to post his articles for viewing and discussing on our forum. Click the link to read the full article and feel free to leave him a comment about what you thought.

Definitely give them a follow on Twitter as well, at @BomberJetsTalk

Certainly an interesting read, and I liked the format he used for grades.  Although based on the grade definitions he gave I think Volny and Ettiene are 2's rather than 1's, but that's largely inconsequential.

One thing I think is inaccurate is the assertion that Volny doesn't play much special teams, drawn from the fact that he has only 5 ST tackles in his career.  There are 6 different special teams units.  Only 2 of those 6 commonly involve tackling.  Although I don't watch for Volny every time special teams steps on the field, I know he is a fixture on the front line of our kickoff returns, and am fairly certain he is on the field for all punt returns as well.

And I would be curious to know the source of his assertion that Mack drafted Ettiene at the behest of LaPolice.  I don't dispute it, but if it's just something that's been out there for a while, I must have missed it.

And I would be curious to know the source of his assertion that Mack drafted Ettiene at the behest of LaPolice.  I don't dispute it, but if it's just something that's been out there for a while, I must have missed it.

I was already curious about this... it's the first I've heard that is was LaPo advocating for Jade... also seems to go against the popular notion that Mack listened to no one...