Slava Voynov Domestic Incident Details

http://deadspin.com/slava-voynovs-domestic-violence-arrest-was-a-bloody-sce-1671317956

@nathanfenno

Redondo Beach police officer: Voynov's wife had laceration over left eye, blood streaming, red marks on neck.

12:34 PM - 15 Dec 2014

Officer says Voynov's wife said he struck her in the face with his fist. #Kings #NHL

12:37 PM - 15 Dec 2014

Officer: Voynov pushed wife to ground multiple times, kicked her repeatedly while on ground, chocked her three times.

Officer: Voynov pushed her into flat-screen TV where she cut her face.

12:39 PM - 15 Dec 2014

I can only catch quick glimpses of photos of the injuries to Voynov's wife. Lots of blood.

12:42 PM - 15 Dec 2014

At Voynov's home, the officer noted blood all over bedroom, including covering comforter and a bloody handprint on floor.

****not good.

Also, back in November Kings GM Dean Lombardi said this, and it sounds worse and worse.

''Quite frankly, I'm beyond caring about reinstatement or cap relief,'' Lombardi said. ''My biggest concern is that if he is charged with a felony, this one incident could jeopardize Slava's entire career.''

***talk about out of touch with reality.

Yes or no on Lombardi being out of touch with reality.

The article said that today was the first time they released that information on the investigation.  There is no reason for the Police to have shared any information on the investigation with Lombardi.

Lombardi made those statements last month, so it really depends on how much and what he knew.  If he only had Voynov's side of things, and Voynov lied or played down what hapened, then he might have had a different point of view on things.

If he had all the details and / or still thinks that now, then yes, shame on him and he is out of touch with reality.

Yes or no on Lombardi being out of touch with reality.

The article said that today was the first time they released that information on the investigation.  There is no reason for the Police to have shared any information on the investigation with Lombardi.

Lombardi made those statements last month, so it really depends on how much and what he knew.  If he only had Voynov's side of things, and Voynov lied or played down what hapened, then he might have had a different point of view on things.

If he had all the details and / or still thinks that now, then yes, shame on him and he is out of touch with reality.

Well generally the team will have more knowledge then the public immediately.  Usually a player will likely be honest with his agent and PA representatives and there are back channel contacts involved.  So ether the team had knowledge, at least to the extent of his wife's injuries and made some stupid comments or they had no knowledge and still made stupid comments because when a player's wife ends up in the ER and the player arrested your immediate concern should not be about his career.  And lets not forget the Kings tried to circumvent the NHL suspension not too long ago. 

If you recall when Varlamov was arrested he was not suspended and the team was quick to stand by him and I recall that was because they had information that made them comfortable with standing by him.  I lambasted that decision at the time.  But one has to wonder what the Kings knew and when they knew it.  Ofcourse he's still innocent until proven guilty but the facts are not looking good for Voynov.  And like you said Tbieber, pretty brutal how the agent tried to spin this.  I guess it's his job but give me a break...I would be ashamed of myself if I had said what he said in light of the evidence today.  Say nothing if you have to, but dont shove both feet in your mouth.

Two months ago, Voynov's representation said that his arrest was a misunderstanding due to he and his wife's language barrier. 

That is disgusting, considering these details.

He's a lawyer, he's just doing his job.

True but he still looks like a prick for doing it.  And it didnt help any.  Whats the language barrier, that his wife should listen or else?

Two months ago, Voynov's representation said that his arrest was a misunderstanding due to he and his wife's language barrier. 

That is disgusting, considering these details.

He's a lawyer, he's just doing his job.

Considering the details and injuries, that is about the ugliest you could make the situation for what it actually is. Makes it seem like they had a yelling match.

• 6 months later...

@Rich_Hammond: Voynov has officially pleaded no contest to misdemeaner

@Rich_Hammond: DA said Voynov faced max of 364 days in county jail on new charge. It will be 90 days instead.

@Rich_Hammond: DA says conviction will result in Voynov deportation. Defense is objecting to that, saying it is not mandatory. Some debate.

@Rich_Hammond: Voynov has officially pleaded no contest to misdemeanor.

Great article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-kings-voynov-elliott-20150703-column.html

If the Kings had any character at all they would have terminated his contract already. Mike Richards might win his appeal just on the basis that they still employ Voynov and Stoll.

I love that they can't take action because they are still investigating. They became aware of the Richards thing on Friday and had terminated him by, what, Monday? But Voynov who has no been convicted, they need more time to Investigate. Uh huh

Beating up women seems to be treated as just one of those things that young millionaire athletes do.

Or there's always the fact that this isn't Richards first time. Stoll is not employed by them either.

Didnt realise Stoll's contract expired.  Not aware of any convictions in Richards past...did I miss one?

I do know Voynov now has a conviction.  Richards hasnt even been charged with anything.  Abusing painkillers is a lot different than violently assaulting your wife.  Yet they moved quickly to terminate one and havent done squat on the other.  In fact the Kings gave him access to their facilities and staff while he awaited trial.  Just a poor message.  This would be moot if the Kings had just bought Richards out...then it's a bit different.  But to use the whole 'oh he violated his contract' by being investigated for a crime and not treating Voynov AT LEAST the same is glaring.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...