Vanier cup

Bigblue204

The nice thing about Quinn is that he's a brawler. He played both sides of the line at times this year and picked up his pass blocking quickly all things considered.

Mount Allison had a freshman running back that put up nearly a thousand yards (unlike the NCAA that's a big friggin deal in Canada).

The downside is that Mount Allison averaged 35 rushes a game which just won't happen in the CFL. Quinn will have to polish up his pass blocking but he's in a better spot now than a year ago.

Do you think he's got the potential to be a CFL starter in say 1-2 years? Hypothetically, where do you think he'd be drafted if he were in the 2015 draft?

Horrors stories of numerous dickbag moves by U of M to keep MAC at a disadvantage leading up to game.

??

Probably means this...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/mcmaster-marauders-had-to-shovel-snow-at-vanier-cup-workout--cis-boss-says-there-s--no-real-rules--for-championship-week-011541932.html

And this...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5162881-visiting-marauders-feel-frost-in-land-of-carabins/

Sounds like the CIS needs to figure out some regulations for the Vanier Cup.  Montreal shouldn't have been allowed to treat it like a home game.

The nice thing about Quinn is that he's a brawler. He played both sides of the line at times this year and picked up his pass blocking quickly all things considered.

Mount Allison had a freshman running back that put up nearly a thousand yards (unlike the NCAA that's a big friggin deal in Canada).

The downside is that Mount Allison averaged 35 rushes a game which just won't happen in the CFL. Quinn will have to polish up his pass blocking but he's in a better spot now than a year ago.

Do you think he's got the potential to be a CFL starter in say 1-2 years? Hypothetically, where do you think he'd be drafted if he were in the 2015 draft?

Likely drafted in about the same area. Interesting to note that Ottawa's 7th round draft pick Vincent Desloges did the same thing this year. 

Basically Quinn Everett is a project and we'll be lucky if he is good enough to start in a couple years... any higher expectation is unrealistic at this point...

Everett seems to be quick enough, strong enough and aggressive enough to take a shot at rush end down the road.

Ah sorry sorry... U of M will always be Bisons, thus my confusion...

Lol, yeah that's what I thought at first too.

Cheap move on Montreal's part. They should have been made to shovel the field too. Not technically against the rules, but it's petty.

Montreal didn't have to shovel because they didn't even practice at the same place. Instead they used the bubble at Concordia for a couple sessions. Again in previous Vanier Cups both teams have been required to use the same practice field, stay at the same hotel and get meals there. This year Montreal did their own thing and nobody picked up the slack for the road team. Imagine if that happened in the NCAA? It'd be a major, major issue and on every channel/radio show. 

Rids, do you see the Dinos raiding any CIS teams to replace Blake Nill? If so, who do you think might want to make  the jump? I have a feeling the U of C will hire a coach with a winning track record instead of handing the program over to  one of Nill's assistants. What's your thoughts?

I think it stays internal myself. Steve Burrato would be a nice fit there and crank up that offense again. 

There really aren't many CIS coaches with winning records out there. So many have been lifers with 15 to 20 year runs at their schools that when they are done they really aren't looking for another coaching job. The ones that have been a year or two or three at a school mostly leave due to low success. 

I think it stays internal myself. Steve Burrato would be a nice fit there and crank up that offense again. 

There really aren't many CIS coaches with winning records out there. So many have been lifers with 15 to 20 year runs at their schools that when they are done they really aren't looking for another coaching job. The ones that have been a year or two or three at a school mostly leave due to low success. 

Burratto's problem is his age. I think he's nearly 70 or just past it. Be hard for a guy that age to take over & run a CIS program. Plus does he live in Calgary full time or just during the season? I think he lives in Arizona if I am correct.  And Nill was a master recruiter. I don't know if Steve can fill those shoes. Being able to sell the Dinos to kids all over the country, especially Alberta where local Southern AB players do attend U of A, Regina & U of S. 

Burratto's got some tread left still. I think I'd put him into that role with DeLaval being groomed to take over. 

I believe he lives in Boise during the winter. 

Worst thing about all this is that the GoDinos website still has Blake Nill listed as their head coach. CIS is embarrassing at times. 

Well, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Who knows, maybe a guy like Greg Marshall at Western may decide it's time for a change. Doubt it but you never know. A week a go, I'd have said you're crazy if someone had suggested Nill would be the new HC at UBC. So stranger things have happened.