Jets vs Blues

I agree in patience and building but the team has to show improvement this year. It's the same old same old year after year. They aren't getting better. I mean we're nkt the oilers but we're a middling team that isn't improving.

Not improving? Jesus.

Excellent analysis.

have the Jets improved on their status as a middling ranked team the last four years?  Before you answer, re-read the question.

Let's see: much better defensively. goaltending has improved, pk one of the best in the league. The team doesn't quit. I'm not sure what games you're watching, but this is a much better team than last year. 20 odd games in, and you're in panic mode?

You know what I really think? They should trade Buff.

To who, for whom?

To whomever will pay the highest price.  Philly and Boston have both been linked to him and both have interesting players.  I'd see if a bidding war develops around the deadline though that can be a hard time for teams to part with their own players.  At the latest, I'd do it at the draft where teams are more likely to part with assets.  I think we have a few pieces we could throw in to sweeten the deal too, such as Burmi.

To who, for whom?

To whomever will pay the highest price.  Philly and Boston have both been linked to him and both have interesting players.  I'd see if a bidding war develops around the deadline though that can be a hard time for teams to part with their own players.  At the latest, I'd do it at the draft where teams are more likely to part with assets.  I think we have a few pieces we could throw in to sweeten the deal too, such as Burmi.

Name names. Who would we get to compensate for the loss of Buff?

To who, for whom?

Name names. Who would we get to compensate for the loss of Buff?

I hate to fantasy trade because it always turns into a pissing contest.

But from Boston I'd target some combination of Marchand, Krug, Smith.  And thats just off the top of my head without looking at contracts.  I know Loui Eriksson's name has come up with rumours with the Jets before and he'd be good for now but I dont see him as a fit on the Jets.

From Philly Id target Courturior, the Schenn's, Read.  I think Buff gets you a top six/top four, prospect/young player, pick. 

The teams playing pretty well... I dont think now is the time to make any trades.

I would certainly agree at this point.  However, even if they win every game, I'd still trade Buff in the off-season.  ;)

LOL    That would be odd.

Unless the Jets are cup contenders in the next year, there is little upside in keeping Buff.

The teams playing pretty well... I dont think now is the time to make any trades.

I would certainly agree at this point.  However, even if they win every game, I'd still trade Buff in the off-season.  ;)

LOL    That would be odd.

Unless the Jets are cup contenders in the next year, there is little upside in keeping Buff.

Id have to look and consider how important he is to the team at that point....  right now his role on the team is to important to trade away IMO.