Nationals vs. Internationals

TrueBlue

Quite simple really, If you had a game, pitting a team of the best Nationals against a team of the best Internationals of the CFL, QB aside, who would win? 

I really thought about this today, and who my Canadians would be and it didn't seem like it would be as one-sided as you think.

Who would be on your All-Canadian team? 

All Canadians

OT Jeff Perrett/ Ben Heenan

OT - Josh Burke

OG - Tyler Holmes

OG - Brendon Labatte

C - Brett Jones

WR - Rob Bagg

WR - Rory Kohlert

WR - Andy Fantuz

SB - Chris Getlzaf

SB - Andre Durie

RB - Jon Cornish

RB - Andrew Harris

FB - Rob Cote

DT - Ted Laurant

DT - Keith Shologon

DE - Ricky Foley

DE - Jabar Westerman 

MLB - Shea Emery

SAM - Teague Sherman

WIL - Mike Edem

CB - Matt Bucknor

CB - Ryan Hinds

HB - Courtney Stephon

HB - Craig Butler

S - Antoine Pruneau

Put CB HB S WILL and SAM in a blender they are interchangeable. This would be the weak point of the teams obviously

If you want a guy to do all 3 jobs then Lirim Hajrullahu.

If you want K Rene Parades

If you want P Rob Maver

LS - Chad Remple

STs

Jason Araki

Sam Hurl

Graig Newman

James Yurichuk

KR - Marco Ianuzzi/ Anthony Parker

Offensively they could compete wonder if they could hold up defensively.

*** FYI these are my favourite type of threads

Offensively you could just employ stronger blocking backs like Cory Watson and Brad Sinopoli and have that ground attack dominate.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Internationals probably have the edge in catching the ball, but the Nationals would do well with a solid running game.

If there were ever going to be a CFL Pro Bowl, this would be one way to actually have it be interesting.  And of course the biggest problem would be the Canadians wouldn't have a QB.  And if we ever get a decent Canadian QB in the CFL he would have to play in the game every year.

Also, the Americans wouldn't have a big selection of kickers to pick from, but I doubt anyone would care much about that.

If there were ever going to be a CFL Pro Bowl, this would be one way to actually have it be interesting.  And of course the biggest problem would be the Canadians wouldn't have a QB.  And if we ever get a decent Canadian QB in the CFL he would have to play in the game every year.

Also, the Americans wouldn't have a big selection of kickers to pick from, but I doubt anyone would care much about that.

It would be an interesting Pro Bowl in that for the most part, regardless of city or fan base, the crowd would likely be cheering for the Canadians.

I think the international defensive backs are on a completely different level than the national ones that that is the biggest difference going. Hell the entire defensive unit for the internationals is probably too good compared to the nationals. Offensively I agree (qb aside) that it's closer than people might think, but defensively I think it's a huge edge to the internationals. 

What could be interesting is for each team to draft their 3 QBs.  

I don't know about that, because I'm pretty sure that with Chris Jones' accent, when he said Matt, get out there at QB, Mike ran out there.

Why else would they risk more injury to Reilly's foot?

A prime example of the risk of hoof and mouth disease in the CFL.