Kyle Walters to address the media at 11AM

holoman

Walters was just on TSN 1290. Much better interview than his presser earlier today. Based on that interview I get the sense Walters wants Etch gone.

care to give a recap of what makes you feel that way? I didn't catch it.
Well I recommend trying to listen to it. But from what I recall, he talked about how much the inability to stop the run hurt us this season. He provided stats on that too...seems like he's clearly done his homework/analysis. He suggested O'Shea knows the run D is a problem but that O'Shea protects the coaches during the season; that was part of his plan going into the season. Said figuring out the coaching staff is his and O'Shea's first priority now; to me that says there's uncertainty there.

It would appear he and O'Shea are not on the same page regarding the cost of not stopping the run. While many here were saying stopping the running game was a real problem O'Shea and many others here argued that was not really a problem as in so what? Protecting the coaches? If the coaches need to be babied get a freaking shrink and let the coach to concentrate on winning games. What the heck is this? Walters knows there's a real problem with stopping the run but does not do anything because it might rattle his coach, the coach sooner loose games while protecting his coaches and so the fans are left sucking off the hind T, again.

At some point some will have to stop making excuses and just admit for this year O'Shea was just not ready but might have taken the opportunity to learn. We have to hope.

I think you misinterpreted Walter's explanation, he's basically saying that O'Shea knew and knows there's a problem stopping the run but would not admit so publicly in order to protect his players and his coaches.  O'Shea's style is to keep everything under wraps, which may be good for the football club but pisses off fans and media alike.  Much like a politician open and honest communication is just not his style.

Walters was just on TSN 1290. Much better interview than his presser earlier today. Based on that interview I get the sense Walters wants Etch gone.

Well I recommend trying to listen to it. But from what I recall, he talked about how much the inability to stop the run hurt us this season. He provided stats on that too...seems like he's clearly done his homework/analysis. He suggested O'Shea knows the run D is a problem but that O'Shea protects the coaches during the season; that was part of his plan going into the season. Said figuring out the coaching staff is his and O'Shea's first priority now; to me that says there's uncertainty there.

It would appear he and O'Shea are not on the same page regarding the cost of not stopping the run. While many here were saying stopping the running game was a real problem O'Shea and many others here argued that was not really a problem as in so what? Protecting the coaches? If the coaches need to be babied get a freaking shrink and let the coach to concentrate on winning games. What the heck is this? Walters knows there's a real problem with stopping the run but does not do anything because it might rattle his coach, the coach sooner loose games while protecting his coaches and so the fans are left sucking off the hind T, again.

At some point some will have to stop making excuses and just admit for this year O'Shea was just not ready but might have taken the opportunity to learn. We have to hope.

I think you misinterpreted Walter's explanation, he's basically saying that O'Shea knew and knows there's a problem stopping the run but would not admit so publicly in order to protect his players and his coaches.  O'Shea's style is to keep everything under wraps, which may be good for the football club but pisses off fans and media alike.  Much like a politician open and honest communication is just not his style.

Not having the clips available I'm not in a position to argue with you. However, I'm having a problem with your statement the fans were pissed off because he kept everything under wraps. To this point I agree with you but while keeping everything under wraps he did not do much to fix some big problems. He replaced Gribsby way too late and Keale only after he got hurt. His reaction time might have cost us a playoff position. 

Having said that I think the fans sent him  and his bosses a pretty strong message at the last two games and I am sure they understood.  

Not having the clips available I'm not in a position to argue with you. However, I'm having a problem with your statement the fans were pissed off because he kept everything under wraps. To this point I agree with you but while keeping everything under wraps he did not do much to fix some big problems. He replaced Gribsby way too late and Keale only after he got hurt. His reaction time might have cost us a playoff position. 

Having said that I think the fans sent him  and his bosses a pretty strong message at the last two games and I am sure they understood.  

He's wondering why O'Shea didn't do something about it during the season.