CFL Fines of the Week!

Fatty Liver

Edmonton Eskimo defensive back Patrick Watkins for making offensive and inappropriate comments directed towards an opponent during last Saturday’s game against the Calgary Stampeders.

Winnipeg Blue Bomber offensive lineman Steve Morley for punching an opponent during Sunday’s game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Saskatchewan Roughrider defensive back Paul Woldu for making avoidable physical contact with an on-field official during their Week 10 game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Sunday, August 31.

Anyone know what started the fisticuffs that Morley was involved in?

I think the 3rd incident happened when Willy ran in for the TD after he hurt his ankle.  Surprised that ref. was able to get up and continue after the hit he took.  Sask. player hit him square in the back.

The fine on Woldu is an embarrassment. The ref blocked him on the Willy touchdown run and he barely touched him. Hardly his fault that the official was standing there.

Glen Johnson's reign of error continues.

Woldu deserved the fine. The official was positioned correctly and Woldu could have avoided him.

Please.  That is the very definition of a stretch.  It wasn't like he steam-rolled the ref.  He basically brushed into him.

The fine on Woldu is an embarrassment. The ref blocked him on the Willy touchdown run and he barely touched him. Hardly his fault that the official was standing there.

Woldu deserved the fine. The official was positioned correctly and Woldu could have avoided him.

Please.  That is the very definition of a stretch.  It wasn't like he steam-rolled the ref.  He basically brushed into him.

He came running up from behind and hit the official square in the back. That is not brushing into him.

Haha actually maybe you should watch the replay again... I don't think he deserved a fine, but he absolutely steam-rolled the ref...

I was ok with Morley getting ejected in that game... I don't actually know what happened but he's not the kind of guy to just lose it for no reason... I assume he was sticking up for a teammate, which I'm ok with... the o-linemen gotta be the enforcers...

Haha actually maybe you should watch the replay again... I don't think he deserved a fine, but he absolutely steam-rolled the ref...

I was ok with Morley getting ejected in that game... I don't actually know what happened but he's not the kind of guy to just lose it for no reason... I assume he was sticking up for a teammate, which I'm ok with... the o-linemen gotta be the enforcers...

Who came in at center once he left?  I was too drunk to tell at that point. 

Who came in at center once he left?  I was too drunk to tell at that point. 

Hinse

No, he hammered him in the back pretty good.  A fine-worthy offence?  I don't know.  50-50.  Willy was across the goal line before Woldu hit the ref and he still would have had 2 more steps to get to Willy after that.  So the ref stopped him from the chance to get flagged for a late hit?  Sometimes the play is over.  This play was over.

I'm sure the league talked with all parties involved before handing out the fine so stop waving your snotty green flag about.  See anybody here complaining about the Morley fine?  Far as I know it takes two to tango.  Get over it.

Saskatchewan Roughrider defensive back Paul Woldu for making avoidable physical contact with an on-field official during their Week 10 game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Sunday, August 31.

I think the 3rd incident happened when Willy ran in for the TD after he hurt his ankle.  Surprised that ref. was able to get up and continue after the hit he took.  Sask. player hit him square in the back.

My favorite part of this play is how Willy used the umpire as a downfield blocker on that play, it looked very deliberate the way he made the last cut before hitting the endzone.

The fine on Woldu is an embarrassment.  The ref blocked him on the Willy touchdown run and he barely touched him.  Hardly his fault that the official was standing there.

If he was trying to get to willy then he took the wrong angle to get him and ran straight into the ref. it's like he pushed him out of frustration.